Email I just got from DNR has me comfused

brunofishing

5$ stamp or at check when you do it on line. I guess my question is do I have to go to the post office to get a hip stamp?

brunofishing

Georgia Dept of Natural Resources Wildlife Resources Division banner

A change to the licenses needed to hunt migratory birds began on July 1 of this year. The State Waterfowl License ($5.50) and the HIP stamp (Free) have been combined into the Georgia Waterfowl and Migratory Bird Stamp ($0 or $5).

The cost depends on where you hunt and the current license you possess.

This license is required, but free when:
•Hunting migratory birds on one’s own property, and not elsewhere
•Person holds a lifetime license (including senior or honorary lifetime licenses)
• Person holds a sportsman’s license (including senior, disability, and youth sportsman’s license)

For all other migratory bird hunters, the Georgia Waterfowl and Migratory Bird Stamp is $5.

There is an additional transaction fee of $2.50 online, $3.00 at Walmart or other store, and $5.00 over the phone.

Renew Your License

Or renew by phone 1-800-366-2661

Or in person at Wal-Mart or other sporting goods retailers

So, why a charge and how will funds be used?

•The Migratory Bird Harvest Information Program (HIP) allows agencies to collect names/addresses of migratory game bird hunters, allowing a sampling of that group to be surveyed regarding their hunting activity and harvest. These estimates give biologist valuable information as they make decisions for future seasons.
•Funds will help expand existing dove hunting opportunities on public lands by expanding existing fields or creating new fields.
•Funds will help create new waterfowl impoundments, wetland restoration, wetland management, and educational field days.
•And more!

More information and Helpful links:
•Dove Season Forecast
•Georgia Hunting Regulations
• Public Dove Hunting Opportunities
•Dove Field Etiquette

Thank you for purchasing a license and supporting wildlife management in Georgia.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I got that Email too..........at first I was like dang! But, It's $5. I haven't killed a dove yet, but have shot at maybe 3 or 4 over the last 10 years.......................it's worth it to me:biggrin2:

What? Ya dont have to be a good shot to enjoy yourself...........its the chase;)

MudDucker

Staff member
If you don't meet the exempts (which I do thank goodness), it is now a $5 stamp and covers both dove and duck.