ISO female anglers to support high school girls fishing

cwbarner

I am the sponsor of the Clarke Central High School Bass Fishing Team in Athens. We are now in our second year of competition through Georgia High School Fishing, which holds all its events at Lake Lanier.

This year, we welcome our first 2-student team of girls.

I am in search of experienced women anglers who might be able to provide insight, support, mentoring, or advice for these young women. They are new to the sport but are eager to develop their skills. Support could come as an email, phone call, face-to-face coaching, or captaining. Seeing other women who are successful anglers would do much for inspiring them as they overcome the obstacles of being a minority within a new sport.

These girls are currently competing out of a boat which is not ideal for tournaments so they would benefit greatly from anyone who could volunteer to captain and coach. Volunteers must complete some paperwork through our school district before they can help out. Our booster club reimburses volunteers for filling up their trucks and boats on tournament days. We have 5 tournaments remaining in the school year, with one this Sunday at Little Hall Park. Volunteers do not have to commit to all the tournaments; captaining/coaching only one event would be a big help.

Again, any sort of support is appreciated as I work to help these young people develop their skills and love for fishing.

Feel free to PM me here or email me at barnerc@clarke.k12.ga.us if you or someone you know would be interested in supporting our team and these young women.