Doe and Coyote

philtuts

I've had three sits this year and I've been able to sling 2 arrows. I took the doe on Sunday evening of opening weekend - she was one of many deer that I saw during those two days. The crazy weather really had them moving.

I shot the coyote last Friday on 10/13 as I was walking to my tree. I had my climber on my back and had just gotten to my tree. I heard something trotting/running down the ridge with a light footfall - knew it wasn't a deer. I figured coyote and sure enough I see those ears come bouncing through the hardwoods. I knelt down and he starting circling downwind of me to figure me out. After a few mouth calls he came trotting closer and I stopped him at around 35-40 yards and let it fly. I felt good about the shot and the blood trail confirmed my suspicions. He didn't go very far. My hunt was over before it started. I loaded him in the truck and went and had breakfast with family instead of staying in the tree all morning. Shooting a coyote off the ground with a bow with my climber on my back was a bucket list moment!

:cheers:

Attachments

• IMG_4557.JPG
    IMG_4557.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_4838.jpg
    IMG_4838.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 233

Latest posts