6.5 Creedmore Ammo

thumper523

I just purchased a T/C Compass in 6.5 Creedmore and want to know what factory loads you guys prefer. The gun has a 1:8 twist and where I hunt there are deer and hogs. I'm debating between 129 gr Hornady whitetails or 140 gr Fusions. I also can take 400+ yard shots or 20 yards. Depends on where they come out.

Buckstop

Either will work. Prolly best to shoot them both and see which one groups best out of your individual rifle. The 1 in 8 twist will easily stabilize the 140's, so if both shoot equally good I'd go with them as they will carry slightly more energy and have a little better wind resistance at your max range.

Been hand loading 140 bergers in my 6.5 CM with a 1 in 8 twist and they shoot pretty well.

wareagle700

For factory ammo the Hornady 143 ELD-X would be my pick.

ssramage

Sighting in my rifle last weekend, my Creedmoor was shooting the American Whitetails very well.

GAHUNTER60

Hard to beat this deal on quality factory ammo:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/4...eedmoor-140-grain-spitzer-boat-tail-box-of-20

I'm a hand loader, plus, I don't own a Creedmore, So I don't have any first-hand experience. However, I hunt with a couple of guys who swear by Fusion performance, and as far as I know, neither has problems with losing deer, or a failure to get a pass-through.

EDIT: Upon further review, I see that they are out of stock, but are expecting more on November 17!

rosewood

I just purchased a T/C Compass in 6.5 Creedmore and want to know what factory loads you guys prefer. The gun has a 1:8 twist and where I hunt there are deer and hogs. I'm debating between 129 gr Hornady whitetails or 140 gr Fusions. I also can take 400+ yard shots or 20 yards. Depends on where they come out.

Let us know how it does. I bought one and haven't shot it yet. I hand load everything I shoot and haven't ordered the dies and brass I need yet, so it is just sitting in the safe right now, it is deer season afterall.

Rosewood

Jester896

Senior Clown
I saw an add somewhere that Nosler is listening and is now loading 140 Accubonds for them

thumper523

Let us know how it does. I bought one and haven't shot it yet. I hand load everything I shoot and haven't ordered the dies and brass I need yet, so it is just sitting in the safe right now, it is deer season afterall.

Rosewood

Well I got out and shot it Saturday, did my usual 31 yard zero, then went 200 and this thing is absolutely deadly accurate. I'm shooting the 143 gr. Hornady Precision Hunter.

rosewood

Nice!

Klondike

Have 2K rounds down mine. I handloaded 90% of those.

I think the heavier weights shoot best. 143 gr precision hunter is where I would go from hornady

rosewood

Went ahead and ordered dies and brass yesterday. I have some 140 SGKs and 140 Speer HCs on hand, will have to give them a try.

Klondike,
What powder did you have the best success with?

Thanks,

Rosewood

pdsniper

H 4350 is the powder of choice for the 6.5 Creedmoor I have been using Ram shot powder in mine but I'm shooting a much lighter bullet than most are using and having fantastic results so far Sierra 100 gn HP Varmiter at 3010 fps

rosewood

H 4350 is the powder of choice for the 6.5 Creedmoor I have been using Ram shot powder in mine but I'm shooting a much lighter bullet than most are using and having fantastic results so far Sierra 100 gn HP Varmiter at 3010 fps

Been wanting to try H4350 in my .260 also, but can't find any.

Klondike

Went ahead and ordered dies and brass yesterday. I have some 140 SGKs and 140 Speer HCs on hand, will have to give them a try.

Klondike,
What powder did you have the best success with?

Thanks,

Rosewood

42.2gr of either H4350 or Hybrid 100V. I am a sucker for Hybrid 100V and have shot that 4 to 1 vs H4350. Works great in my 6.5x284 as well. I get slightly higher velocities than comparable powders in mine and meters well.

Competition guys don't use it so that probably says a lot but it works well for me

I seat the 143 gr eldx at 3.05"

Load at your own discretion and work up from minimums

Last comment I would make and what I love about the Creedmoor is load work up has been easy. I load all of the rifle calibers in my sig and the cartridge has simply not been finicky for me while others often times are. I am not an easy "fanboy" but the cartridge is an easy to load and shoot winner

Jester896

Senior Clown
Been wanting to try H4350 in my .260 also, but can't find any.

my shooting partner and I pick up 20# not long ago. It is out there now...just not in 8# yet I can find.

I am a sucker for Hybrid 100V and have shot that 4 to 1 vs H4350.

I have been running 42.5 in my .260 under Barnes 127 LRX and getting 2894 fps. The SD is not where I want it at 12.3... but they go in the same hole. Under 127 AB LR the SD is 9.5 and running 2852, but the group is 1 MOA...go figure.

It runs in a .270 pretty sweet too.

rosewood

Thanks for the tips. The hunt for H4350 continues...

I have found IMR4451, and it is suppose to be similar, may grab a lb of it and give it a try.

Klondike

42.2gr of either H4350 or Hybrid 100V. I am a sucker for Hybrid 100V and have shot that 4 to 1 vs H4350. Works great in my 6.5x284 as well. I get slightly higher velocities than comparable powders in mine and meters well.

Competition guys don't use it so that probably says a lot but it works well for me

I seat the 143 gr eldx at 3.05"

Load at your own discretion and work up from minimums

Last comment I would make and what I love about the Creedmoor is load work up has been easy. I load all of the rifle calibers in my sig and the cartridge has simply not been finicky for me while others often times are. I am not an easy "fanboy" but the cartridge is an easy to load and shoot winner

The load above runs 2580fps in a 20" barrel. Sub MOA all day and usually can get 1/3 of the groups under .5 MOA off of sandbags