The Dark Web..

swamp hunter

I keep hearin about it..what the heck is it.
How do you access it. I'd ask what's on it but I think most everything is.
Anybody ever checked it out ?
Will it mess up my Computer with virus stuff..
I know nothing but I'm curious.

Katalee

Why? There is nothing for a decent person on it. Was on jury duty and this was part of the evidence presented by the DA. A very sick place.

swamp hunter

I just want to see it..I keep hearing about it.
I'm not a Computer Surfer by any means. The regular Internet is hard enough.
So..Nobody knows much ? Did I stump the Panel..

It's all the webpages and domains that are not on any regular browser they are private and hidden to Browse it you have to have a special browsing software called Tor it's the black market of the new age but it's not a good place to be you could open a page to find its for selling drugs to selling people if your interested in it I recommend YouTube has lots of more info than me if you do decide to look into it I would recommend putting tape over your webcam ;)

StriperrHunterr

Black stick is right in that it's addresses and spaces that you can't get to without either knowing where you're going beforehand, or by use of specialized tools/software.

Being that regular internet is hard enough for you, I'd recommend learning from the cat's mistake before exposing you, your computer, your network, and everything and everyone around you to it.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Sign up with experian credit report and they scan the dark web for you for free to see if your info is out there for sale or at risk and send you a report. Unless you like playing risky, stay away from it.

Dr. Strangelove

It's not all evil, but it's things people want to keep private, some because it's not public access stuff and some because it's shady stuff.

Sorta like going to New Orleans - stay in the touristy areas and you'll generally be fine. Go and play in the "locals only" areas and you may end up getting into more than you bargained for.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
So what kind of stuff is on the dark web?