new trolling motor

I need to replace trolling motor and I think maybe A spot lock would be good addition.Has anyone got any advice on best models?

dsgbqc

The new Ulterra with Bluetooth. At first I was concern with the auto deploy but not having to bend over to deploy and stow has been wonderful especially with the cold weather. And the new improve spot lot has kept me right on top of the brushpile! I have caught over 60 fish on the same brush with the spot lock on and never had to re-adjust even with waves from other boats hitting.

The Brick

Ultrex

Depends on what type of fishing you are doing. The Minn Kota Ultrex is perfect for a bass boat combining the best features of the Ulterra and the Fortrex. It gives you a very responsive foot control, remote control to do things by hand and spot lock. Honestly, and others will argue the point, but Minn Kota is the best trolling motor out there in todays market.

Im sold on the advantage of spot lock just want to make sure I get the right one.do they have transducer for lowrance hds units ? Its going on A bass boat replacing fortrex.

Msteele

Im sold on the advantage of spot lock just want to make sure I get the right one.do they have transducer for lowrance hds units ? Its going on A bass boat replacing fortrex.

Don't get the Bluetooth model if you have Lowrance. It only blue tooth connects to Hummingbird units.

The Brick

It has a universal built-in transducer just like the Fortrex and works with my HDS 12. I added a downscan transducer to my Ultrex. The downside is it does not connect to Lowrance units in regards to your saved waypoints. With Humminbirds it does connect to waypoints and you can program it to go straight to them. However the spot lock works regardless and you can save, I think, up to 16 tracks on your Ultrex and with a click of your remote it will guide you straight down a saved track! Go watch some videos on it. It truly is amazing. There is very little feedback in the foot pedal and moves with ease. The only drawback...they are back ordered because they are in demand meaning finding them is a pain. Motor Guide has nothing that will compete with it. My guess...every Minn-Kota fisherman will have one on their boat within the next few years! And no...I don't work for Minn-Kota! Ha!

TroyBoy30

Don't get the Bluetooth model if you have Lowrance. It only blue tooth connects to Hummingbird units.

that's incorrect. the bluetooth is only for the connection to the heading sensor. the LINK version is what connects to humminbird units via network cable. If you have lowrance units, you want the non link version. If you think you may want to add humminbird units for all of the extra features, you would need the link version.

if you're replacing a fortrex, get the ultrex. ignore the built in transducer and add your normal transducer. message me if you have any questions. I have access to most models.

I got my ultrex today I hope to have it on and working by first of year Ill give update after I get to try it. Thanks for the input and advice.

Lucient

I have a Terrova and I love it. I have the ipilot link model and it really changed the way I fish. I use the auto pilot, follos the contour and spot lock features all the time. I cant remember the last time I used my power pole since I got spot lock. But for fishing deep diving crankbaits the follow the contour feature is amazing.

got install done fit same holes as old fortrex so install went easy for me. went fishing for couple hours every thing works as expected shore is nice to tap lock when I get bite and land the fish and pick back up in the same spot.to me that's worth the cost and work to up grade no regrets.