*Hamburg State Park* ???

Cletus T.

Howdy folks…….long time / no speak, I haven’t been fishing a whole lot lately (I have been in the deer woods quite a bit lately with no luck yet) but I wanted to ask my GON family a question.

Who are here knows about Hamburg State Park and the fishing there. I’ve got a buddy of mine who told me about this place and it looks beautiful and it has a really nice size lake on it…….but I’m having a hard time finding out any info on the fishing there. Is it good……..is it bad…….is it “fished out”

Are there big bass in there?

Anyhoo……….any info y’all can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you and have a great day everybody.

Cletus

Tmpr111

Long-time-no-see :) Sorry about the weekend ;) Hope you're doing well.

I've always wondered about this place as well. Hopefully someone will chime in! Pictures are definitely pretty.

Mars

Been going there all my life and I've had good days and bad days. I wouldn't call the fishing excellent but its always nice to get up there and get on the water. There are a lot of stumps just under the water so take it easy.

Cletus T.

Thanks guys for the replies…….I may make a recon mission out there one day soon but we’ll mainly be fishing it in the Spring of 2018……probably?

Keep the feedback coming!

Cletus T.

Any other info to share folks………Bueller……..Bueller????????

61BelAir

I've heard and read from a lot of people that it's one of those feast or famine places. I don't think it sees enough pressure to be fished out. Try sending a PM to Hooked On Quack. I think he lives very close and has fished it often.

Cletus T.

I've heard and read from a lot of people that it's one of those feast or famine places. I don't think it sees enough pressure to be fished out. Try sending a PM to Hooked On Quack. I think he lives very close and has fished it often.

Thank you my friend and thank you for the PM’s and details shared!

61BelAir

Thank you my friend and thank you for the PM’s and details shared!

You're welcome. Holler at me when you are coming this way to check it out. Whether you end up going there as a group or not, it's still a very cool place to fish. Jordan Mill Pond is near there and is equally cool, but not big enough for all of your group.

Have you pulled up either place on Google Earth or just satellite view in Google Maps?

Cletus T.

Yes-sir…….I’ve looked at it on Google Maps and I really do like the way the lake lays out and really how the whole place lays out………..it’s out there a ways though……..but I like that!!!

across the river

I has been a little while since I fished it, but like a lot of public water, it can be hit or miss. If it is on, the fishing is pretty good. Other days it can be really tough. I know you and the group you make the trip with typically bass fish, so this might not be much help. However, when I go down there I always keep my options open. There have been times that bass fishing was pretty good. There have been other times I couldn't buy a bass, but slammed the crappie and/or the bream.