North Carolina Elk

T-N-T

No pic?

Either way, I am trying to get plans together to go see the NC elk soon.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
They multiply pretty good in those mountains, they have liberalized the Elk hunting rules several time since they opened a season on them in Ky.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have not applied in several years, as that is some rugged country in Eastern Ky, and don't think I am up to trekking up and down them hills.

HunterJoe24

It's just a matter of time before they open up a season in NC unless they already did. I think I remember them saying they were about to do it. It won't be long before someone sees one in NE Georgia here soon

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We have to watch it driving at night now.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
West Virginia don't want them, the ones that stray over the line they cant see, can be shot on site. Think you got to have a deer hunting license.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
West Virginia don't want them, the ones that stray over the line they cant see, can be shot on site. Think you got to have a deer hunting license.

Ga dnr doesn't want em neither. I don't think there's any restrictions on shooting them here. They are non native

T-N-T

Pew?

leroy

From The Anderson Independent-Mail

Wildlife officials decide fate of girl who mistakenly shot elk

https://usat.ly/2ijCAFL

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. --  Wildlife officials have not decided whether any citations or warnings will be issued after a 14-year-old mistakenly shot a protected elk. Abby Wilson, 14, shot the elk on Saturday in Boone County, thinking it was a large white-tailed buck. Her father, Donald White, immediately called the Conservation Department upon realizing his daughter's mistake."There is no elk season in Missouri, so free ranging elk are protected," said Tom Strother, an MDC Protection Regional Supervisor. "It is a Wildlife Code violation to shoot a free ranging elk as there are no provisions that outline a hunting season like there is for white-tailed deer."

Latest posts