Police and LED light bar.

lbzdually

Banned
Is anyone else blinded by the new led lights on police cars? The blue strobes are so bright, it is like looking into a blue spotlight. During the day it is fine, but a night you can't see anything around the police car. The other night, I came up on a wreck on a 2 lane road where one lane was blocked. The GSP had their lights on and he was in the lane directing traffic. Only problem was I couldn't see what he was doing because his strobes were too bright. I had to shield my eyes from the strobes and even then it was hard. I think they need to lower the voltage or put lower power strobes in for the night.

lbzdually

Banned
Let's see if I can post this.
23561490_1509361729149381_8219529694014400325_n.jpg

On this pic the picture is off to the side and the blue lights still wash out everything.

sinclair1

I am night blind, so they kill me. The new lighted cross walk leading to the new stadium blinded me last night.

One good thing about being night blind is once you adjust to the dark, you can see without any lights.

lbzdually

Banned
I am night blind, so they kill me. The new lighted cross walk leading to the new stadium blinded me last night.

One good thing about being night blind is once you adjust to the dark, you can see without any lights.

I have good to excellent sight, 20-15, and I can see pretty well at night. Good enough to see a black hog running across a field at night with less than a 1/4 moon. The wreck I drove by the other night was close to the house, that when I got home, I shut my eyes and could still see blue dots in the dark for several minutes.

T-N-T

Yes! I hate the new light bars. They are so bright that they will nearly make you turn around

lbzdually

Banned
The lights on the newer cars and trucks are terrible,,,, I'm assuming they are LEDs,,,,

They are. The lower wattage needed for the same brightness has allowed for more and brighter lights, as far as lumens go.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I have a cataract on my right eye. It is almost impossible to see when I run up on an accident like that. The cataract makes everything flare up, and the glare is tough

tree cutter 08

Come up on few the other night in the rain. Awful, dangerous and should be outlawed. Just a matter of time before they cause accident's if hasent already happened.

LTZ25

If you can't see good when the lights flashing next to you , then do what they are there to make you do SLOW DOWN .

lbzdually

Banned
If you can't see good when the lights flashing next to you , then do what they are there to make you do SLOW DOWN .

I was STOPPED 20 ft behind the cruiser and I could not see the what the GSP was doing until his flashlight hit my eyes. This is not about slowing down, it is about the lights. After sitting there waiting for him to wave us on, I had night blindless for several minutes and was seeing flashes of light with and without my eyes being closed. After being blinded by the lights, how safe is it for you and other drivers on the road after you go past the police?

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I was STOPPED 20 ft behind the cruiser and I could not see the what the GSP was doing until his flashlight hit my eyes. This is not about slowing down, it is about the lights. After sitting there waiting for him to wave us on, I had night blindless for several minutes and was seeing flashes of light with and without my eyes being closed. After being blinded by the lights, how safe is it for you and other drivers on the road after you go past the police?

yeah it's too bright dont worry about what that other guy said. This is the campfire. everybody in here slows down.

lbzdually

Banned
Come up on few the other night in the rain. Awful, dangerous and should be outlawed. Just a matter of time before they cause accident's if hasent already happened.

It has caused several wrecks. I was reading on a police forum and an officer said he and another unit were lights and sirens to the same place and he said he had to back off a good ways so he could see the road without being blinded. Other officers said the lights are so bright they themselves have gotten blinded, especially when walking back to their cars after a stop. I guess they should just walk slower back to their car, that will fix it. :bounce:

calibob1

COMMIE LOVER TROLL
Maybe thats why some have that seeing eye dog with them.

NOYDB

BANNED
It's not that the LED lights are so bright. It's that they are directionally concentrated. They flash directly into a person's eyes. just squinting doesn't provide much relief. And if you are light sensitive recovery time is extended.

How well your eyes respond is unique to you. But still slow down anyways.

Rivershot

It's not just the LED cop lights. These new super reflective signs, speed limit, curve, school bus, etc... on a dark country road will blind me from having any chance of seeing a deer for the next few hundred yards and the bright STOP AHEAD sign makes it hard too see the actual darker red STOP sign.