Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Fishing > Freshwater Fishing

Old 06-20-2005, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
OK, I'm way overdue to book a guide trip and want to know who you guys have used and are happy with and what lake(s) they fish.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil
I would have to recommend this place. It is absolutely unreal. It's a good treat to get away from "Public" waters for a place like this. http://www.dreamlakelodge.com/
Old 07-27-2005, 12:32 AM

if you want to fish lake burton for big spots call johnny brooks @ 706-782-6057 he knows this lake like the back of his hand!if your looking for bass hes the one to take you to them
Old 08-23-2005, 11:37 AM

I've been out with Capt Fred Duncan many times on Allatoona. His price is reasonable and we've always caught fish. Twice, in 4 hour trips, we caught over 120 lbs of stripes and hybrids. In another, we hooked into 4 fish over 15, landing a 16 and a 20. A picture of that one is on his website: http://www.allatoonastripers.com/
Old 09-24-2005, 08:32 PM

No doubt Herscel is the king....however if he is already booked keith Hudson at the PicNic Basket is a good'un too!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:15 AM

Me and my son went out with Bobby Wilson yesterday and we caught 14 stripers and hybrids in about 4hrs,started lightning with big storm and we ended the day early but still had great time.
Attached Images

Last edited by turtle69; 11-22-2005 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:20 PM

my first chose would be aaron my second aaron
Old 12-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Gone But Not Forgotten
Default Lake Walter F. George (aka Eufaula)

Captain Sam Williams, of Eufaula, AL, and Billy Darby, of Fort Gaines, GA, are two good 'uns for that spot.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:45 AM
GON Winter Weatherman

I have to add my 2 cents in here as well,

I have used Captain Mack Farr on Lanier for 5 years, he has been guiding on the lake since he was 18 years old and he knows his stuff. He is a huge UGA fan, has a great personality, will teach you anything you want to know and is very reasonable. You can check him out at www.outdoorenterprises.com or call him at 770-271-0851.

For Hartwell I use a guide by the name of Steve Crenshaw, he is on the South Carolina side. I have used Steve now for 3 years and everytime he has put us on the Stripers and Hybrids. Steve is also good about telling you wether he is on them or weather you should re-schedule because he is just not catching them. You can reach Steve @ 864-261-6319. I promise you will not be disappointed.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:12 AM

That separates the real deal from the pretenders!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaculaDeerDropper
I have to add my 2 cents in here as well,

For Hartwell I use a guide by the name of Steve Crenshaw, he is on the South Carolina side. I have used Steve now for 3 years and everytime he has put us on the Stripers and Hybrids. Steve is also good about telling you wether he is on them or weather you should re-schedule because he is just not catching them. You can reach Steve @ 864-261-6319. I promise you will not be disappointed.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:29 PM

I know this is an older generated post but it is fishing time again. Seriously, if you want to go on a guided trip you won't ever forget for bass on lake Lanier check this website out. www.lanierspots.com This is Ryan Coleman's website. He is a professional guide for lake Lanier and knows how to catch big fish as well as numbers of fish. Check his website out and give him a call. Tell him Haven told you to call him and he will take you out on a trip of a lifetime. I think he has 3 days left in april. All booked this month if I'm not mistaken. Awesome guy though.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Banned

Good question! I've never been on a guided trip but have always wanted to try. Guys, thanks for all the information concerning area guides.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:47 AM

Jerry Hester on Lanier for stripers, spots, or crappie.

I've been fishing with him 4 times over 4 years, and have caught fish 4 times!

2004 we caught lots of spots plus 2 8+ lb stripers.

2005 I landed this 36 inch, 18+ lb striper:

Old 04-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Thumbs up First Bite Guide Service

I took my boys on our first guided trip last week on Lanier with Robert Edison of First Bite Guide Service. He also fishes Allatoona and Carter's. I had heard lots of good things about Robert and he was as good as advertised. Honestly I can't imagine anyone being better with kids. Not only did we catch fish, the kids had a blast with Robert, who admittedly is kind of a big kid himself. Robert's one of those guys who makes you feel comfortable right off the bat and doesn't mind letting you get involved in everything going on. It's been a week and my kids are still talking about it. We're already planning a trip with him for next year. Here's a good spot my 8 year old Austin caught. Think he's happy?
Attached Images

"A hundred years from now it won't matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of truck I drove.........but the world will be a better place because I was important in the life of my two boys."
Old 04-19-2006, 05:42 PM
loouuii
Default Did you weigh it?

How much did it weigh?
Old 04-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Gone But Not Forgotten

Jasper,
That smile on your boy's face says it all!
Sue
Old 04-25-2006, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loouuii
How much did it weigh?
Loouuii,

It was 5 pounds.........

Researcher, yes he was one happy kid! Just put a fishing pole in his hand and he starts grinning!
"A hundred years from now it won't matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of truck I drove.........but the world will be a better place because I was important in the life of my two boys."
Old 04-26-2006, 01:28 AM
Gone But Not Forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
Loouuii,

It was 5 pounds.........

Researcher, yes he was one happy kid! Just put a fishing pole in his hand and he starts grinning!
You're bringing him up right!
Sue
Old 05-03-2006, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineside
I was out with Robert Eidson (First Bite Guide Service) last saturday and here is a triple we had. The Big Striper went just over 30 and the spot was around 5 or 6 lbs (we didnt weigh the spot). Not sure how many fish we had but we got alot. Would recommend him any day of the week. Great for family trips also. He can be reached at 770-827-6282 or at www.firstbiteguideservice.com I hope I can get the pic on here. Tight lines
I would agree, my son (T3), my brother and father-in-law had a great time with Robert. He definitely loves what he does and know how to do it!!!!
Old 05-09-2006, 12:37 PM
GONetwork Member

I will be going with Joey Mines over at West Point in a couple of weeks. Have never been fishing with a guide before but am looking forward to it. Some of my co-workers went 2 weeks ago and had a blast!

http://www.joeymines.com/guide.htm

Mark
Old 05-12-2006, 09:08 AM
Default another Robert Eidson reccomendation

My brother, sister-in-law and I went out with Robert on consecutive mornings (Lanier one day, Allatoona the next). He loves what he does (Harold Nash - are you listening?). He spent significant time on the phone planning our time. His flexibility allowed us to cast for spots, while slow trolling live bait for stripers and/or hybrids.
He consistently put us on fish and we managed a 15 lb striper and many spots and hybrids.

He mixes a sense of humor with a great confidence in himself, which is contagious and encouraging to those of us that like to chuck n' wind all day.

Contact him via www.firstbiteguideservice.com or 770-827-6282
Old 06-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Default Local Guides

I have fished with Randall Kirkpatrick on the small lakes in the Atlanta area (Smith, Sweetwater Creek SP, Varner, etc) and he is great for information and large bass.

Matt Driver at mattdriverfishing.com is also an excellent choice for lakes like Allatoona, Logan Martin and West Point. Matt specializes in finesse fishing and will help put several fish in the boat on most trips.

"Buck" Adams
GA GONETWORK Senator Dist. 33
Old 06-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Banned

i didnt see anybody mention a guide for carters lake....whats up with that ?
Old 07-17-2006, 12:50 PM

Going to use a guide on Lanier in August (I know not optimum time for Stripers) but was wondering if there are any guides that do both Stripers and if you are not on them than other types of Bass. Has anyone ever used Shane Watson.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:46 AM

how about the Ga. coast(inshore to just offshore)?
Old 08-06-2006, 01:51 PM

For you fly fisherman or those wanting to learn, Kent Edmonds guides at Calloway Gardens, the Flint, and the lower Hooch for a variety of warm water fish. He is an excellent teacher and is super with novices. If you've been interested in learning to fly fish or you've been fly fishing for a while, but never caught a striper or hybrid on one, Kent would be a great choice.