Biblical errors....

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Thank you for the post.

StriperAddict

Good info.
Not one thousand, but 1000 X...
"There are 1000 times more manuscripts of the Bible than the most documented Greco-Roman historian by Suetonius."

stringmusic

To Be Determined
Great post, thanks JM.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
As soon as I read in the article that a first century copy of Mark has been found I knew the rest was suspect also. Great post indeed.

rjcruiser

As soon as I read in the article that a first century copy of Mark has been found I knew the rest was suspect also. Great post indeed.

Why do you find that suspect?:huh:

1gr8bldr

You guys know me when it comes to this topic, but I can say that I don't disagree with anything said in the first link.:clap: The second link, I disagree with some things. So, I'm thinking that we are getting much closer on this issue. I like Wallace, he takes some hard stands against his own. That takes guts. But I do find it incomplete in regards to what he seems to be calling copy mistakes. Many, are not copy mistakes but oral transmission issues. Such as the question of "which came first? the quail or the manna? Copy mistakes show themselves usually in a word or two. Context mistakes come from the accuracy being lost through the verbal passing of one to another. Such as is the case with the quail. But regardless of which it is, the bible is reliable in regards to the intended context

jmharris23

What I love about this forum is how we can argue about anything :)

BrowningFan

The King James Bible has no errors and is perfect in every way.

From Cover to Cover and It's my Final Authority in all matters of faith and practice.

And from whom ever ask which one ..... the one printed in the basement of First Baptist Church in Milford Ohio and because it has no Copyright , the money that I payed for it does't go to unsaved men making money off the Word of God. Instead the money goes to missions that save souls.

rjcruiser

From Cover to Cover and It's my Final Authority in all matters of faith and practice.

And from whom ever ask which one ..... the one printed in the basement of First Baptist Church in Milford Ohio and because it has no Copyright , the money that I payed for it does't go to unsaved men making money off the Word of God. Instead the money goes to missions that save souls.

So...like my question to Woodsman...which version?

BrowningFan

So...like my question to Woodsman...which version?

I answered it for you in my first post .... but I will being willing to go down that road, if we can have honest debate and you are willing to put as much time into the issue as I have.(Trust me I was you times ten before I made the decision to pray and really find the answer myself ) I have 7 books on the issue I will send you if you will pray every night after you read them for God to show you wisdom. But you can't just repeat what you've heard if you have not spent the time looking for truth.

So my answer stands ..... my question to you is "What is your Final Authority in all matters of faith and practice that you can put your hands on and read?

centerpin fan

..... my question to you is "What is your Final Authority in all matters of faith and practice that you can put your hands on and read?

I think virtually everyone who frequents this forum would say "the Bible". I certainly would.

JB0704

The Original JB
Isn't this thread tip toeing around a banned subject? In that spirit, I will try also........ I think, if a man finds Jesus reading "Billy Bob's Spirit Guide for Troubled Eskimos" it is no different than finding Jesus anywhere else. I mean, he still finds Jesus right?

BrowningFan

Isn't this thread tip toeing around a banned subject? In that spirit, I will try also........ I think, if a man finds Jesus reading "Billy Bob's Spirit Guide for Troubled Eskimos" it is no different than finding Jesus anywhere else. I mean, he still finds Jesus right?

Yep .... I was in Gas Station yesterday and someone had written John 3:16 on the wall with stuff not so scriptural ( funny everyone all ways quote's the KJV) So can I bathroom wall have scripture YES !!! But the question I ask is what is your Final Authority in all matters of faith and practice you can put your hands on and read? This question baffles everyone that doesn't have one.