22-250,204, 223 221fb ?

Jeremiah Glaze

What is everyone shooting for coyotes, if you were gonna buy another varmint/coyote gun what would it be?

turkeyhuntinfool

Rock River Arms Predator Pursuit, 223. I have have two and they both will shoot less than half inch groups shooting Hornady Vmax 53 grain Super Performance loads. Great to have a quick follow up or a shot on a 2nd or 3rd coyote that shows up.

killitgrillit

Remmy R-15 collapsible stock, excellent walking varminter, good accuracy, fast follow up shots, camo'd .223. just an all around gun.

Trapper Glatzer

I have to agree with the AR15 as a great varmit rifle for no other reason than the fast followup shots where the recoil is so slight you keep your sight picture. The calibers can run from the .204 as stated above with 4000 fps velocity and a 32 grain bullet to the great 6.5 Grendel that can be used for varmints, coyotes and deer, with a Hornady 123 A-Max bullet @ 2750 fps it has the ballistics of a .308. Swap out 2 pins and you change out calibers and keep the same cheek hold and trigger pull with the AR's. JMHO

bigreddwon

I love my 22-250, but my 223's are much cheaper to shoot and are quicker on the follow ups when multiples come in.

jerry russell

My son has a Rock River in 5.56 and this allows the use of 223 which can be had for $5 a box. This makes shooting for fun really cheap and in turn breeds confidence in a gun that you have shot often. He reloaded his own ammo and has developed some great rounds for dogs and hogs.

All of the calibers discussed, however, will get the job done.

Attachments

• IMGP7293.jpg
    IMGP7293.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 466

Klondike

Remmy R-15 collapsible stock, excellent walking varminter, good accuracy, fast follow up shots, camo'd .223. just an all around gun.

I love my R15 with triangle barrel. If I had to hit a target for my life this would be the one out of the closet.