Thermacell

Who all just purchased one of these and used it this morning for the first time? Did it work for you? I have one that I haven't put to use yet. Didn't use it this morning due to using bug spray to keep all the seed ticks off. Just want to see what the new users thought about it.

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
My son and me hunted this morning about 50 yards apart. I had a thermacell, he didn't. He got bit, I didn't. Worked great tonight also, and I was hunting almost in a swamp. Mine smoked a little. I hope they are supposed to. I had mine in the holster strapped to my foot climber. Holster worked great too.

Robert

Duff

I'm a greenhorn. Mine worked great this morning. :clap:

Hawg

Banned
This time of year I wont leave home without it. It really works well. I usually get hammered by them mosquitos and no-see-ums..............I didnt get the first bite today. I would'nt care if them things cost $100.00 I would still buy it. :cool:

D

dave

Smoke

Robert Sowell said:
My son and me hunted this morning about 50 yards apart. I had a thermacell, he didn't. He got bit, I didn't. Worked great tonight also, and I was hunting almost in a swamp. Mine smoked a little. I hope they are supposed to. I had mine in the holster strapped to my foot climber. Holster worked great too.

Robert

They do smoke. That's normal.

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
Thanks Dave, I was a little worried because I had an extra can of fluid stored in the holster also. That could make an otherwise uneventfull day in the woods exciting! Thanks for the info.

Robert

Greenhead

Very Dissapointed. I bought one because of all the testamonies of how great they were. No bugs yesterday in Upson County. I never fired it up so I did'nt witness how great these things are. On the bright side I have plenty of fuel for next weekend. Does anyone know if I can leave the pad in the thermacell or do I need to wrap it back up? I was worried that the pad would dry up.

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
Aren't you supposed to take them out of the holster to use.

one_shot_no_mor

Worked great

It took only about 2 minutes for the mosquitoes to find me in the woods. I put on my bug suit as soon as I got in the tree, but it proved to be WAY too hot. I fired up the ThermaCell and within 5 minutes ALL THE SKEETERS WERE GONE! NOTHING! I took off the hot netting and was not bothered by mosquitoes for the next four hours.

:clap: I like mine! :clap:

DanSmith

Banned
#2 bow season

this is #2 season for me! -no bugs! .. the thing about the pad I have wondered about that too. I just leave mine in the grill.. seems as though we should put in something to keep the bug juice in it ( contact tupperware) .., and the holster I just left mine on. hope thats OK! :rolleyes:

H

HT2

Thermacell......

Man, them thangs are good!!!!!!!!!

I forgot mine on Saturday morning.......Them danged "skeeters" bout ain't me up!!!!!!!! :banginghe

I remembered it that evening, and not one even got near me....

If'n you ain't got one.....

You ought to spend the $25.00 bucks for it.......It's well worth it..... :cool:

frankwright

It is really funny to me that skeeters can be so bad in some areas and none in others.

I have hunted in Upson county for the last five years. I do spray my clothes with permanone to keep the ticks and chiggers away but I never have used any repellant and I never am bothered by bugs.

Saturday morning, I was hot and sweaty sitting in a tree waiting for daylight, I heard one mosquito buzzing around but he left and I never saw another. I was sitting in a dark, damp low lying creek area and I figured the bugs would have been really bad there.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
hpurvis said:
Aren't you supposed to take them out of the holster to use.

No Sir, the hosters are designed to be on them while in use.

Greenhead, I have left the pads in mine for at least a couple of months and reused them and they seemed to have worked fine.

Greenhead

Huntnut , Thanks for the info on the pads. I don't think they would ever sit in there for more than a week at a time, and it is kept in my fanny pack which might help.

Frankwright, The weird thing about Upson County is sometimes the bugs are awful and sometimes you cant find one. I also had one mosquito buzz around me and thought about igniting the thermacell but it left and never came back.

doc

scent?

Has anybody seen deer while using one? I had two does coming in nicely sat. morning. they got about 40 yards away-- put their noses up and walked the other way. I was very careful about my scent other than the thermacell.

BANDERSNATCH

I rank the Thermacell as the #1 gadget I have ever bought! I won't go hunting without it.

Bandy

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I have had deer standing, browsing 5 feet away from my Tcell & she never knew I was there.

Several times I've had other deer at slightly farther distances. Two of those deer were very tasty!