Bait tanks

t k

I am looking for a new bait tank and having trouble finding anyone who has them in stock. I am looking for a 40gal super bait tank 2. May look at other options and sizes if needed. Any ideas on a local shop that may carry other than Hammonds? They are out for several months. Thanks
I

Msteele

Mel’s Tank

I like it much better than my old SBT2 I had. Might have to drive to Tennessee to get one though.
Look on FB or on any other striper fishing site. They(any tank) are out there.

AStrick

Striper Soup in Acworth, Ga.
Has a good selection of bait tanks!
They have anythang Stripers!
Fo Sho !

ryork

I agree on Striper Soup is the place to reach out to, but last time I spoke with them about tanks you would have to order one and wait. At that time I was thinking about replacing my old Creek Bank tank I've had for 11-12 yrs now, but it keeps on holding on.........

t k

I like it much better than my old SBT2 I had. Might have to drive to Tennessee to get one though.
Look on FB or on any other striper fishing site. They(any tank) are out there.

On the waiting list for a tank from Mel, but he won't start production again until late fall. I will have to keep looking around for now. Thanks for the response.

t k

I will check with striper soup again. If I remember right they were only making tanks up to 28-30 gallons.

Will check with Oakwood in the morning.

Thanks for the suggestions and help so far.

shushu

Shad Shack. Look them up. Make a great tank. Just started production but nothing but great things from them.

t k

The shad shacks look like a really nice tank. One thing I can't tell is if they are insulated like a super bait tank would be?

castandblast

SBT are hard to come by. I've got a 30 gallon and love it. But i've been hearing good things about these shad shacks, so much i've been thinking about selling my SBT to purchase a new shad shack. I've also heard nothing but good things about Mels. I don't think you could wrong with any of the 3 brands.

AStrick

X2 Oakwood bait and tackle!
Pick up Capt Tom Blackburn 's book.
Fishing for lanier striper!
He shoulda named it?
Striper fishing handbook!

t k

I stopped by Oakwood earlier today and ordered a 30 gal shad shack. They are the area dealer now and have a few tanks coming in the this week that were available to purchase. It would be a great time to buy one locally without the wait. They were great to deal with on this purchase.

I will have to look for capt blackburns book. I need all of the help I can get. Lol. Thanks again for the responses and help.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
SBT are hard to come by. I've got a 30 gallon and love it. But i've been hearing good things about these shad shacks, so much i've been thinking about selling my SBT to purchase a new shad shack. I've also heard nothing but good things about Mels. I don't think you could wrong with any of the 3 brands.

No way I would get rid of my SBT. A lot of companies have come and gone...there is a reason the SBT is still around.

Lineside Fever

Super Bait Tank

I have either a 40 gallon or maybe a 50 gallon Super Bait Tank II, not new but still in good shape. If anyone is interested PM me.