First time on Lanier (not the last!!)

devolve

All the bait stores in my area were out of bait. Sooooo I took some advice and went to hammond’s to get bait and tried Lanier out.

I was going to troll the creeks mouths with 2 down rods and 2 flat lines. Only got 1 bite on the down rod (a nice 20” spot).

I caught 16 spots on flat lines and 3 stripers. The biggest was 30” and the other 2 were 25”. I have never eaten striper so I decided to keep a couple for my birthday dinner tonight.

That will NOT be my last trip to Lanier!

Attachments

• 94388336-7F08-496C-AE58-3B26CC8C2769.jpg
    94388336-7F08-496C-AE58-3B26CC8C2769.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 879
  • 10334783-50CB-4F0B-8F02-F9E24F4044EB.jpg
    10334783-50CB-4F0B-8F02-F9E24F4044EB.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 878

Coenen

That's how Lanier lures you in. A solid day here and there, you start feeling like you've got something going, then BAM! she'll humble you. :bounce:

This is a great time of year to be out there and catch some fish! I'm jealous of you guys with free weekdays!

Tarpfisher

Love me some lanier. Go now while you can. I’m sure the crazies are getting worse by the day. Won’t be long and you can’t fish past 10am.

Nice catch!!

Nugefan

I’ve heard the weekends there are like the Daytona 500.

worse , at least the NASCAR drivers have to pass a physical ...lol

PappyHoel

I’ve heard the weekends there are like the Daytona 500.

Like someone said in a previous post. Have your fishing done by 10am. As soon as it warms up there will be boats zig zaggin and going Mach 10 past boat ramps. It's like 3 ft ocean swells :). I do like fishing that lake though need to get back at it.

Cletus T.

Congrats on the good day man…….Lanier is an awesome fishery with a wide variety of species of fish to target!

It can humble you too as it’s already been stated!

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I know this ain't the cookin' forum, but if want to eat striper...

clean all the red meat off the skin side and soak it in 7-UP for a couple of hours before frying.

You'll thank me later.

devolve

thanks everybody! twas a good day for sure.

notnksnemor, ill give that a shot some time. I broiled half and fried half. it was pretty good! I cut the blood line out of the filets before cooking.