Wanting to get into traditional archery

What would be a good beginning recurve looked at some martins and pse's? And would a takedown or a one piece bow be better? Also I got a 31 inch draw length for my compound. How would I get the right length for a recurve

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
A onepiece or takedown would be a personal preference. Your draw length will probably be closer to 28. The best thing for you to do is go to a traditional shoot and shoot as many bows as you can. You need to start earlier than this if you plan on hunting this upcoming season with traditional equipment.

It won't be this season I'm gonna stick with the compound this year was planning on next year. Plus I'll have plenty of time to do research

Clipper

I got my grandson a Samick Sage 62" takedown recurve and it is a good shooting bow. They sell for $139 and you can start with 40-45# limbs and work up as you get your shot down and develop your shooting muscles. Limbs are around $80. Don't try to learn on a heavy bow. You will love shooting and hunting traditional. You might be able to shoot a Sage at Bass Pro or Cabelas, Call first to check.

Clipper

And by the way, if you are a typical trad archer this will be the first of many bows you buy.

Fatboy

I have a 31" draw with a compound and traditional bow. Don't let them tell you to shorten your draw length. Start with a bow around 35lbs. At your draw length it will be plenty to start with.