Tree ID Help

davidhelmly

My wife has been trying to decide what type of trees that she wanted to plant in our front yard, she came home with pics of this one from somewhere in Fayetteville but I have no idea what it is, possibly some type of hybrid landscaping tree.

Thanks for any input.

Untitled<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Untitled<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nugefan

Chinese Elm .... Lacebark Elm .... don't do it IMO ....

ucfireman

I was leaning toward a birch but don't know? The bark looks similar to a crepe myrtle but I know its not.
Maybe post the pics to Walter Reaves, He has an area for "What is it".

Dbender

It is definitely a chinese elm like someone already stated. 1000% not a crepe myrtle or any kind of birch.

Killdee

2 of my customers have taken down river birch after the roots traveled 20-30 feet and into their sewer lines. I’m sure a lot of trees would do this but these were both last year in the same neighborhood