Horse Creek hunt 2017

stick-n-string

Ok guys, I've been here since Sat afternoon. They're moving pretty good. I killed a doe Saturday evening and another one yesterday evening. Like RC said, they are hitting the water oaks.
Also would like to add that I'm the only person in camp and when I came back this evening there was about 10 does in front of the camp feeding in the food plot planted along the road. So the archery only area might be pretty good if you are looking for does.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it next weekend, but I'll see what I can do.

Allen Oliver

Ok guys, I've been here since Sat afternoon. They're moving pretty good. I killed a doe Saturday evening and another one yesterday evening. Like RC said, they are hitting the water oaks.
Also would like to add that I'm the only person in camp and when I came back this evening there was about 10 does in front of the camp feeding in the food plot planted along the road. So the archery only area might be pretty good if you are looking for does.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it next weekend, but I'll see what I can do.
Good job man! Thanks for the MRI report. That's Most Recent Information.

Barry Duggan

Gonna try to get down there for a few days.

HossBog

Boys, y'all go. I've put it off, now canno' go due to recuperating from heart surgery! Go. Just go.

Limbbaconeer

Hey guys, I'm not going to make this one. I've been shooting my compound this year. I picked up my recurve about a month ago to get ready, but I'm still not shooting with it well enough to hunt yet. It will be an awesome hunt. I'll keep practicing and hope to make the next one.

Thanks!

stick-n-string

So to give y'all a update, my buddy hunts the property that borders Horse Creek and he said yesterday evening he saw some bucks chasing does. Things should be getting interesting!

reviveourhomes

My kids and I got down this afternoon and hunted until close to dark. We only saw one big turtle (gopher turtle??) We are staying at a place down the road but we will be back tomorrow and Saturday. Hopefully I can inteoduce them to everyone tomorrow at the campsite.

Last edited:

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Man Lewis that boy is almost a man!!!!!!! Glad y'all got to go.

Dennis

Another great week at Horse Creek I was in game all week and had a big time. Good crowed also my last count was 20 before I left

pine nut

Just got back and I had a great time. Only saw one deer but had the feeling one was going to appear at any moment ever time I went in the woods! It was such a pleasant time to hunt as well . a little cooler wouldn't have hurt, but it was pleasant sitting in trees again! I have really missed this hunt! It was great seeing lots of friends and sharing a hunt with them.

hogdgz

Ready to here some stories. Hate I couldn't make it had some other things going on. Maybe next year