Leaf looking preview !!

sinclair1

Heading up in the morning to run some curves, eat fried pies and look at sheds :cool:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Greg sets up a free concession stand in his front yard, for the weary and hungry leaf lookers.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Shucks, I heard on the street that Greg has had a belly full of this traffic nonsense, so he put his property up for sale at a price of $930 million. :bounce::bounce::bounce::stir::stir:

Can't say that I blame him as I used to love Blue Ridge and I enjoyed everything possible at Mercier's BUT now I am content to spend time up on Eagle Top Drive (Imagine that with a name of Eagle Eye 444, I feel right at home) off of Squirrel Hunting Road, (Sparks Road Exit) north of Hwy 76 & 515 etc. It is located about 1/2 way between Blue Ridge and Blairsville so it is not bad at all being up there on the mountain. The deer just walk around in the yard and eat up all of the flowers though. :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

I haven't spent much time up by Greg's stomping grounds in Clayton during the last few years as I only took time to eat at the Dillard House Restaurant once as I was traveling through just to say that I had really been there before.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Took me two hours to get home from work Friday. :banginghe

sinclair1

Had that fried pie and looked at some abandoned cars :bounce:
Had some strange BBQ, great smoke ring but no smoke flavor :huh: taste like it came from a Orion, not bad but I can do better on the back deck.

RUTTNBUCK

Gone But Not Forgotten
Had that fried pie and looked at some abandoned cars :bounce:
Had some strange BBQ, great smoke ring but no smoke flavor :huh: taste like it came from a Orion, not bad but I can do better on the back deck.

What no pictures??:huh::huh:

If you had took pictures it would saved the rest of us the trouble to go up there and see the leaves!!::ke::rolleyes:

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Greg sets up a free concession stand in his front yard, for the weary and hungry leaf lookers.

Yes - gregs motto is the more the merrier. He'll let you us his faciities if you have a GON sticka. :bounce:

sinclair1

What no pictures??:huh::huh:

If you had took pictures it would saved the rest of us the trouble to go up there and see the leaves!!::ke::rolleyes:
I spend my life in the landscape, so I don't even care about that stuff. It's yeller leaves ...big whoop.

We just drive the curves, look at shops and enjoy the day.:cheers:

Having a car with a G force meter makes those curves fun :biggrin3:

We were suppose to go to the milledgeville festival yesterday, but we didn't make the lake this week.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
were you leaf looking?

Not hardly. Trying to get through the jam of leaf lookers that were often looking at the leaves when they should have been looking at the road and were crashing into one another. :)

crackerdave

Is the traffic bad around Murphy,North Carolina?
Cindy and I are going there to see a cousin and some friends.

sinclair1

Is the traffic bad around Murphy,North Carolina?
Cindy and I are going there to see a cousin and some friends.

From elijay to blue ridge the lights backed up pretty bad, but it wasn't as bad as I have seen it. Not sure above that.:cheers:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The 3"-5" of rain coupled with 35-40 mph wind gusts we got today did away with a bunch of leaves.

Big Foot

Up here now, golfing in beautiful weather!

greg_n_clayton

It'll be bad for the next couple of weekends, the leaves they are a changin'.

Geee....thanks ole buddy !! We need discouragement ...not incouragement !!! But yes, you are right.....but....as in past years, 441 north is blocked at the big ditch !! Other routes should be sought !! Routes that lead you through the Clayton area should be avoided !!!