Panthers ?

GA DAWG

So yall post up a pic of a fox that looks like that. That's no fox. I've never seen a fox like that.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
when was the picture taken? Date?

T

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
So yall post up a pic of a fox that looks like that. That's no fox. I've never seen a fox like that.

its either a mama gray about to drop (after getting fatter on feed) or maybe a bobcat. a freind of mine that traps 100+ fox a year says he has caught a few fox fat like that before-- they were trapped near a feeder where they get food regular.

T

fish hawk

Bass Master
That guy at West Point thought he saw a panther too...Turns out he did!!!:hair:

Tnwoodman

Don't know bout Ga but here in middle Tn I've seen cougars on numerous occasions. So it's possible they've migrated. We also have armadillos go figure.

droptine06

Official Supper Thread Starter
I don't know if its a panther or not... But sure looks like one! This was off my cam in Walton county.

For comparison. Key in on the ear shape and space between them. Looks like a grey fox to me. Fox has a slight point to the top of its ear versus more rounded on the panther.

Attachments

• fox.jpg
    fox.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 935
  • florida-panther.jpg
    florida-panther.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 782

rydert

Blue Heeler man
For comparison. Key in on the ear shape and space between them. Looks like a grey fox to me. Fox has a slight point to the top of its ear versus more rounded on the panther.

good call droptine..........fox.......

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Knee deep.. Thats why im convinced it's a panther!

A mountian lion should be between 27" & 30" tall. Thats higher than knee deep even on us short folks. I guess you could walk in front of the camera and stand in the same spot and see what kind of size reference it gives you.
I looked at a few trail cam pics of cats from out west. The ears dont look right to me either.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
i tried to blow it up to look at the tail but it pixelated out on me.

T

crazy00hunter

I'm going to pull the card in the camera this weekend so i will keep yall posted. All i know whatever it is... it's big! lol

benosmose

Bait it when you go back couple cans of jack mackerel and some cracklins in a hole in a bank bet we would see then.This is off the subject but has anyone ever found a bobcat den ive never seen one.

Have you found deer carcasses covered up with dirt and grass?

If you want to find out what you've got...get the dogs out there early morning after some rain moves through.

426442_3474351104146_1432232862_3344366_326720808_n.jpg

benosmose

I was aimin for that fox or bobcat in the pic but im willin to bet a panther would go for the jack.Unless its a black one they only eat small children or marshmallows.

saltysenior

I know this is redundant, but a recent conversation has made me want to comment about it.

So, it is said they are not in GA. But some guy killed one a couple years ago in North Ga and got fined and lost his hunting license.

I know GON offered a 1000 dollar reward for proof of a panther in Ga, but you would get in trouble if you kill one, which technically is not here, you get in deep doo doo.

So, as far as I know no one has come forward with any proof, because they said the one the guy killed was a pet.

I recently talked to an "anonymous" person, who knows alot about our new property we are hunting. He said to be careful that they have killed two tan panthers, there, (one on our property and the other right next door). I don't know this man personally, but I don't think he is lying. My buddy also, swears he saw one (tan panther or cougar) on the side of the road one night in Oliver, Ga. So, I am becoming a believer.

I have decided to start taking my pistol turkey hunting with me now. But if one of those things were to come in on a setup, I think I would have to shoot it.

Would you shoot one?

question, if you are turkey hunting you most likely have a shotgun loaded w/ some mean ammo, so why carry a pistol ?? snakes maybe, but letting a shot go usually, sorta, somehow tends to screw up the hunt....but the big question is why would you want to shoot a panther ???