An Outstanding Adventure!

olcaptain

An Outstanding Adventure!

One of the first guys I remember meeting at Lakeside Baptist Church was Dick Joyner.

5oVb2Gi.jpg

Dick has a knack for seeking out new folks and welcoming them to the church and to the area. Since that time, we have fished together on several occasions but today was Dick’s first voyage with Max and the Ol’ Captain aboard their infamous 17 ft antique almuminum canoe!

5I8YfbS.jpg

LpWJvtJ.jpg

I knew that Dick had canoe experience but from his first pull of the paddle and the way he centered his weight in the boat I knew I wasn’t travelling with a pilgrim.

2sp9goL.jpg

kFlQNoQ.jpg

I also found out during the trip that our guest was no stranger to a cup of worms or a box of crickets! Not only did he catch the biggest and smallest fish today…..he also caught the most!

2pYpz9y.jpg

76Da70a.jpg

hPt8tRJ.jpg

wfyg858.jpg

4PsVlGt.jpg

You can tell folks about the beauty of Crooked Creek all you want. You can even look at the pictures. But until you experience it first hand with the Captain and the Hound you can’t truly appreciate the experience.

AFu1m2a.jpg

FMCbUOm.jpg

aFBkMiu.jpg

XA6RwNb.jpg

ZgPqaRY.jpg

dpZWUUL.jpg

We had a great day of fellowship. We talked, we shared, and we relaxed. All in all, I guess you could say that it was an OUTSTANDING adventure!

HBkjUUX.jpg

Bream Pole

as usual a very enjoyable post. wish you lived closer. I'd come for a visit.

Big7

The Oracle
I LOVE THAT DOG! :)

Fishing pics are good too..

Scout'nStripers

What a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing your adventure olcaptain.

nkbigdog

I enjoy your adventures and the rewarding stories I get to read...Thanks.

Nugefan

too much fun .....:cool: :cool:

HossBog

Cap, where Crooked Creek? What part of GA? I've followed you on Southern River Fishing forum, didn't know you were here.

olcaptain

Cap, where Crooked Creek? What part of GA? I've followed you on Southern River Fishing forum, didn't know you were here.

We moved here to Eatonton, Ga near Lake Sinclair almost two years ago.