New bonus payout at work will ensure more steak nights.

Dub

Tube steaks.

No kidding. Hyooge change is a'coming. Gonna have to do some additional belt tightening around the hacienda.

Some of the things that made the place fun to work at....the culture.....is eroding and crumbling. Now it's worsened even more by a briefing from corporate last week.

Enough of that noise and on with the cooking.

A proper pot of hot dog chili and a batch of slaw really makes Hot Dog Night something my family looks forward to. :cool:

Used the Weber kettle with a cool little addition called the Vortex. I bought one size smaller than they recommend for my kettle because I don't want it going full nuclear on the heat when the vents are set to full throttle.

I'm glad I did, too. It works perfect and is responsive to a wide range of uses.

Lit the coals from below with a KJ lighter tab.

Snapped a pic this morning of the rub combination used on the wings after I slathered them with a light coating of mayo.

Nice controlled heat with just a few coals....bottom vent fully open...top vent 3/4 open. This thing is a miser and I'm really enjoying it.

Flavor was great, with zero heat. Wife has asked for me to cut back on really spicy stuff.

Son is a cheese & chili guy.

She and I like ours with cheese, chili & slaw.

Usually use Nathan's or Hebrew National hot dogs, but these were pretty dang good.

I was actually looking for the Ballpark Smokehouse version but couldn't find them in the store. I think they are about my favorite hot dog. :cool:

naildrvr

I knew better than to open this thread. Those chili cheese dogs look outstanding. I could tackle a couple of em before work this morning.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Love a grilt hotdwag, loaded with chili, cheese, onions, mustard and slaw !!! You did well bro !! :cheers:

I just put a coupla of 'em on plate with no buns and smother 'em !! :banana:

Dub

I knew better than to open this thread. Those chili cheese dogs look outstanding. I could tackle a couple of em before work this morning.

Thanks, man. It's all about the chili and slaw. Chili is stupid good !!!!

This morning's breakfast....Jimmy Dean Hot sausage is the ticket.

I could take a dog or two and some wangs. Nice.

PF

We love some wings 'round here.

Love a grilt hotdwag, loaded with chili, cheese, onions, mustard and slaw !!! You did well bro !! :cheers:

I just put a coupla of 'em on plate with no buns and smother 'em !! :banana:

Thanks. That's the beauty of that chili.....it has all of that stuff in it. :cool:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Son is a cheese & chili guy.

She and I like ours with cheese, chili & slaw.

I'll take a plate full of all 3 Dub.

"Stay calm and kill zombies" :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::cool:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
OH man!!!!!!!!!! Love the looks of it all!!!!!!!!:cool:

Dub

I'll take a plate full of all 3 Dub.

"Stay calm and kill zombies" :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::cool:

My Son gave me that mug. Lil'dude has no idea how much I enjoy it. Everytime I refill it I think about him giving it to me. One of my most prized possessions. :cool:

OH man!!!!!!!!!! Love the looks of it all!!!!!!!!:cool:

:biggrin2:

Family will have to eat....no matter how ignorant Corporate is.

They just cut their own legs off and don't seem to care. Nobody is gonna want to step up into management positions.....and take a PAY CUT. :huh:

It's all good, though......as I'll be living the retirement life....Willie Nelson, style in a f few years.

All the smart folks at Corporate can form a single file line 'round the block.....and walk up my driveway and bend over and kiss my butt.

I'll have a Shirley Fabrication smoker pouring out the smoke and working on my bbq catering biz. :flag:

LTZ25

Ive never seen chili dogs and wings on the same plate . If things go bad at work open a restaurant .

GAGE

GONetwork Member
This is my kind of food, not a lot of frills just good ol American stick to the ribs food! Well played, and thanks for sharing!

Dub

Could you post up the slaw recipe please?

The last pic was my wife's hot dog. She suggested some quick dogs and asked me to pick up some slaw, too. Grocery store brand....ready-to-eat.

Normally (first pics in the thread) I buy a bag of shredded slaw mix and add a couple tbsp of cider vinegar, 1/2-3/4 cup or so of Duke's and honey to taste.

I always make it when I do pulled pork.

This is my kind of food, not a lot of frills just good ol American stick to the ribs food! Well played, and thanks for sharing!

Thanks.

Basic eats that the family likes.

I honestly can't remember the last time I ate in a restaurant.....fast food or otherwise. Drive-thru coffee is the extent of it for me.

Jim Baker

Staff member
Next time you are in wally world pick up some Arnolds Potato Hot Dog Buns. Like a $1.48. Make a great hot dog.

And grate off a little broccolli head into that slaw for a different taste.

Dub

Next time you are in wally world pick up some Arnolds Potato Hot Dog Buns. Like a $1.48. Make a great hot dog.

And grate off a little broccolli head into that slaw for a different taste.

Agreed on those Arnold potato buns.

My tribe normally has me buying the Hawaiian buns. I'd prefer something that's more hearty....that is like the buns used by a local hot dog place that went out of business.

These things were substantial...held up to lots of chili or other stuff like they did on their Chicago-style dogs. The place was great. Hate they didn't make it. It's just the kind of thing that we'd only eat every couple weeks.

I may try the broccoli suggestion. We eat so much broccoli that they'll accuse me of trying to sneak it in on yet another meal. :rofl:

Jim Baker

Staff member
Agreed on those Arnold potato buns.

My tribe normally has me buying the Hawaiian buns. I'd prefer something that's more hearty....that is like the buns used by a local hot dog place that went out of business.

These things were substantial...held up to lots of chili or other stuff like they did on their Chicago-style dogs. The place was great. Hate they didn't make it. It's just the kind of thing that we'd only eat every couple weeks.

I may try the broccoli suggestion. We eat so much broccoli that they'll accuse me of trying to sneak it in on yet another meal. :rofl:

It don't take much.