North Georgia Connection 8U softball players needed

1john4:4

North Georgia Connection 8U is Looking for five to six, 2006 and strong 2007 birth dates. If your daughter has a great attitude, loves the game of softball and is willing to work hard while having FUN, please let us know. We have a handful returning from our Camsports World Series runner up team and all positions are open. Come be a part of this great organization based out of Commerce, Ga. Please send me a private message or call Justin Whitfield at 706-713-0665, Shane West at 706-424-0903, Ken Wells at 706-202-9442 with any interest, questions or concerns.

We would be more than happy to hold a private tryout, so please call one of the numbers above and we can work something out.

For more information about this organization, please look up North Georgia Connection Fastpitch on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-GA-Connection-Fastpitch-Softball/622934017734536?sk=timeline

erniesp

Travel ball for 8 year olds?

Yes.. It's sad to see. I've been approached twice for my 7 year old son. Practice 4-5 times a week then off to tournaments on weekends. We will just stick with Rec ball and spend more time together doing other things.

Yes, travel ball for 8 year olds! We only practice twice a week, just like rec ball. But usually for 1.5 - 2hrs. We will play tournaments twice per month IF the tournament makes. Nothing wrong at all with rec ball! However, TB is a place for more talented players to go to seriously learn the game and play against better competition. If you have never seen what an 8U "girls" team can do, your missing out. I had the same mindset once. Then I went to a tournament, and needless to say, our 8U rec all-star team no longer play rec. You can't even compare the two.

Yes.. It's sad to see. I've been approached twice for my 7 year old son. Practice 4-5 times a week then off to tournaments on weekends. We will just stick with Rec ball and spend more time together doing other things.

I don't understand what is so "sad" about it, if your child truly loves to play? I took two weeks off for BP with my daughter for Christmas and new years. When she found out we were going back to hitting, she was excited to get back at it. Now, it is sad when mom and dad make a child play a sport that the child has no desire to play, but noting sad at all when they truly love playing the game!

erniesp

I think it's sad. That's my opinion of it. It's just not for my family and the kid. Sorry to hijack your thread. I will delete these if you want.

No problem, you don't have to delete anything. Everyone should be able to discuss their opinions.

Wild Turkey

Its hard for a child to continue to love the game after playing for 10 years prior to college. There comes a point where they play because thats what they do, quit when they are 16, or cant continue competively due to injury.
I see too many high school girls in major knee braces etc.

And I'm not saying this off the cuff. My girls play high level travel volleyball. My oldest a senior had to stop due to knee injuries. She started playing at 13.
My youngest a freshman is on target for Div. 1 play as long as she avoids injury and continues to love the game. She started at 10.
A true athelete is a true athelete. Regarless if they start at 8 or 14.
But you cant create an Athelete by virtue of playing time.

And good luck fielding youre team. I know the process and deal with it every year finding top players.
And a great season is ahead.
We have a tourney at the GWCC all weekend.

mikeyn

If you haven't seen an 8u travel ball tournament you would be amazed at how well some of these girls can play and they are very competitive.

I was on the fence about 8u and ultimately decided to wait one more year and start travel ball at the 10U level. I always thought that it was too young but my daughter loves to play and wanted to play with all 'the good girls' so we decided to look into it. Went to a few tournaments and she wanted to get on the field right then. I thought that if we don't start now that my daughter wouldn't develop at the pace with travel ball players because of how much they practiced and game time experience that you get playing travel ball. Then I realized very quickly that at the 8u level with coach pitch she wouldn't be missing out and every girl weather they play travel ball or rec ball will be learning how to play with kid pitching and not coach pitch at the 10u level. I have witnessed some players that could hit the ball really well in travel ball but it took four pitches before they make contact. Sure they got on base and are doing well but they will have to learn how to hit pitches just as much as someone who hasn't played travel ball will.

So we play rec ball, rec basketball, and cheerleading. We are going to start hitting and catching lessons this spring for a year and then we're in.

Last edited: