Hostages in Iraq - Your opinion......

AAADawg

The civilians who are in Iraq and Afghanistan are there becuase there country needs them there..they are doing jobs that traditionally were done by soldiers but since the number of standing soldiers has been reduced and the neo-cons started clamoring for privitization of any federal job the result is that contractors are now doing the "in the rear with gear" jobs that soldiers did in Vietnam...like driving trucks, manitianing trucks, preparing meals, purchasing and procureing materials and necessities etc. These people deserve at least as much protection as US soldiers do while in harms way regardless of how much tehy are earning...they are there helping us to do wahtever it is we are attempting to do over there and are just as important as he soldiers in Iraq

spongebob

It's the culture

The problem is that the people who live there know these terrorist A-holes but do nothing to stop them. If we know the criminals in our society we make an attempt to put them away. These people do nothing to stop the insanity. I say pull out all foreigners, and turn the sand to glass....

L

Lucky Chandler

Electability

Phil,

This is probably where our agreement will cease ... my personal, narrow-minded, Redneck point of view is that any elected official who fails or refuses to act when action is demanded violates the public trust and abdicates the responsibilities of the office. That elected official is subserving the public good to the good of the political party. :mad:

I was/still am one of those who believed it appropriate to invade Iraq and depose Saddam. I can't and won't criticize Pres. Bush for his action. However, we have reached a point that I am ready to criticize him for our present inaction - pacification didn't work in Germany (either time), in Japan, in Vietnam, and it won't work in Iraq. If everyone in the world except the Aussies, the Brits, the Israelis and the Poles are going to hate us, we might as well give them good reason. Besides, reconstructing Iraq, Iran, Syria, Afghanistan and North Korea after they've all been reduced to rubble should keep most of the rest of the world too busy to mess with us for several years. As a bonus, it might even give Fidel pause for thought.

GeauxLSU

re: electability

Lucky,
What are we disagreeing on? ::huh: I agree with your above post.
What I'm saying is, I don't think it's POSSIBLE for a President of United States, in 2004, to fight THAT type of war.
Would it be wise militarily and in the name of security? YES! Is it feasible? I don't think so.
Could be wrong. If it is in fact possible without even greater backlash (Meaning resulting in greater loss of lives. I could care less about the U.N. crying.) then by all means, he, George W. Bush, is not doing his job. But again, I think he is in fact doing the right thing given what we (the free world) will allow him to do. He is not omnipotent.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

dbodkin

I typed 1 1/2 pages of how discusted I feel with this whole Iraq mess. Then hit delete.... I fully support our president but this has to end!!! What can we as "John Q Public" do ? We can all say pull out, or bomb them, or behead a bunch of those heathens. But we know that isnt going to happen. Voting, letter writing I dont see how that will change a darn thing... So I pose the question.

What can we do?

gtaff

Banned
I think if we showed the video of the two hostages getting beheaded it might spark enough anger to get something done. That is a horrible way to go. We talk on here about making clean and humane kills. Our kills while hunting are way more humane than the way these people are killing the americns. I say nuke all the *******s send them to **** and let the devil sort them out. :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

TurkeyCreek

JB,

i think that the president would actually regain more support if he gave the order to start a more hard-nose, kick-tail type of war. so, i'm not sure the election has much to do with his stance now. i could be wrong. i beleive some of his support is waning because this thing has dragged on and we see stuff like this happenning to Americans and we are not seeing progress being made. i am not talking about committing acts like these terrorists are doing, but more bombings and clearing out resistance with ground troops.

Last edited:

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
well, it's harsh..........

but I believe we should shoot all we capture................and let 'em know the bullets are dipped in pig's blood and fat...................in fact, we should let 'em know ALL our military's bullets are dipped in it..........let the ***'s try to get their 13 virgins then. :mad: :mad:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
This is certainly a situation that is best viewed through glasses made of molten sand!

To me the answer is still crystal clear. We must stop buying oil from Islamic Terrorists. We must build refineries and stick a straw deep into ANWAR and the Gulf and use our own resources while developing new technologies for power.

If we did not buy their oil they would be absolutely powerless.

Randy

Jeff is right. Think about it for a minute. If we loose our access to all this foriegn oil we will be in big trouble. This country must utilize it's own oil and develope alternate methods of energy. This is the only thing that will free us from depending on other nations. We will have to do it on our own because don't believe for a minute that other nations want us to be self sufficient! If we are dependant on other nations can can keep us in the UN!