Turkey Vest

SGaither

I don't know why but for some reason I have the hankerin' for a new vest.

I currently have a Bucklick Creek vest (lounger) that is several years old and has held up extremely well. It is a very comfortable vest, good for those long sits but not very stealthy as far as running and gunning goes.

So tell me what kind of vest do you have and how do you like it?

Dupree

i have a primos vest. I love it. It has plenty of pockets, and it has a tight fit so it doesnt flop around. Ill post a few pics in a little bit.

rex upshaw

i've got the redhead 3d evolution vest....plenty of pockets and i wanted something that had a built in camel-bak type system....i need my fluid when it's hot.

Randy

Mossy oak elite and elite hybrid. They have lots of well thougth out pockets.

MKW

I wear a very small camo backpack with a water bladder in it. I take it off and put it beside me when I sit down.
Mike

rex upshaw

One word....Dixon.

i do like a lot of the features of the dixon vest, like the water bladder and also the striker conditioner is a great idea....the back pad is nice as well. but that is a bit more than i would want to spend on a vest. i don't doubt that it is worth the money, but a little more of an investment....i'd rather get a couple extra calls to fill up the pockets of my current vest.

SHMELTON

Banned
$35.00 dollar Walmart special my mom got me when I first started hunting, it serves its purpose, I would like to get another one, but I took my first turkey in it, and its more like a good luck charm now.

Shotgun Shooter

Mossy oak elite...

GADAWGS

I have hunted with the MO Elite II fo the past several years, just got the MO Limbhanger yesterday. Will let ya know about it soon

dorkmen

I snagged a Primos vest at academy for 20 bucks. I have tried it yet.

01Foreman400

Staff member
the tat'r or something like that, is a great looking vest.

That is the vest that I have. Most of the vest on the markey today just don't have the back or butt padding to sit for long periods of time. The more comfortable you are the less you will be moving.

Darrell

Dupree

pics

here is my primos vest. The butt pad is great, it is pretty stiff so you dont feal every rock and stick under you, plus the back has enough room for two decoys and a dead gobbler. There are 2 decoys in it in the picture. There is also a water bottle holder on the back, which is one of the things I like because it doesnt roll around in the back pocket, or take up room in the front ones.

Attachments

• vest 001 (480 x 640).jpg
    vest 001 (480 x 640).jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 721
  • vest 002 (480 x 640).jpg
    vest 002 (480 x 640).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 569

rex upshaw

I have hunted with the MO Elite II fo the past several years, just got the MO Limbhanger yesterday. Will let ya know about it soon

i think the limbhanger will be a good one....it seems to be the closest to the dixon vest as well.

blindhog

That is the vest that I have. Most of the vest on the markey today just don't have the back or butt padding to sit for long periods of time. The more comfortable you are the less you will be moving.

Darrell

I bought a vest on clearance from Cabelas called a tube vest. I had been wanting it for a couple of years, but it was $90. They finally let them go at $40.

It is great, has a innertube for a seat, and good back padding. Many, many pockets, at least 4 boxcall pockets.

That innertube is the most comfortable thing you will ever use for a seat.:cool:
I suppose you could rig one from a 4wheeler tube. Don't inflate it all the way.:biggrin2: