Body Rituals discussion continued from Who's Here

ambush80

Nothing quite so fancy or earth shattering as the face of God, or anything.

When that shift came about, the pain levels dropped significantly and only the idea of being off the ground hanging there remained.

Specifically light through closed eyes from a direction where no light was in the physical room. A calm sense of self and the rightness of me being where I should be.

Tough to describe it because so much was happening in my head at that time. Was my first time up but as I said it will not be my last time. I came down feeling that I missed the connection, that the phone rang and I couldn't quite get there to pick it up.

Cool. Sounds like some endorphins kicked in. I love that feeling; real transcendence. Do you do that at someone"s warehouse or basement or something?

Thor827

Nothing quite so fancy or earth shattering as the face of God, or anything.

When that shift came about, the pain levels dropped significantly and only the idea of being off the ground hanging there remained.

Specifically light through closed eyes from a direction where no light was in the physical room. A calm sense of self and the rightness of me being where I should be.

Tough to describe it because so much was happening in my head at that time. Was my first time up but as I said it will not be my last time. I came down feeling that I missed the connection, that the phone rang and I couldn't quite get there to pick it up.

Very interesting........

TTom

This one was a warehouse space in Tucker, beyond that i'll keep it private.

And the endorphins had been kickin in for a little while at that point, LOL. I'd faced a huge well of fear before going up as I first started to put weight on the hooks but still standing. After that fear had passed I knew I would make it up.

I came down so early because I had an adrenaline let down crash and got nauseous. I should have stayed up and fought through that too. Next time I'll be better prepared.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Is this something like the sun ceremonies that some of the Plains Indian tribes did, where they were hung up by bone skewers?

ambush80

This one was a warehouse space in Tucker, beyond that i'll keep it private.

And the endorphins had been kickin in for a little while at that point, LOL. I'd faced a huge well of fear before going up as I first started to put weight on the hooks but still standing. After that fear had passed I knew I would make it up.

I came down so early because I had an adrenaline let down crash and got nauseous. I should have stayed up and fought through that too. Next time I'll be better prepared.

That sounds unimaginably intense.

TTom

Nicodemus it is related to those but a modern take on the same old idea.

The Lakota Sun dance sometimes had suspensions, although they usually pulled from the ground. Additionally the non suspendees pulled until they tore free. Either the skewer or the flesh broke in those. The suspension ritual was the O Kee Pa ritual which relates back to the Mandan Lakota creation myth.

Additionally halfway across the planet the other Indians in India had piercing for pulling and suspension in one of their rituals as well. The Chidi Mari festival of the Tamil Savite Hindus.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

The Lakota Sun dance sometimes had suspensions, although they usually pulled from the ground. Additionally the non suspendees pulled until they tore free. Either the skewer or the flesh broke in those. The suspension ritual was the O Kee Pa ritual which relates back to the Mandan Lakota creation myth.

Additionally halfway across the planet the other Indians in India had piercing for pulling and suspension in one of their rituals as well. The Chidi Mari festival of the Tamil Savite Hindus.

Thanks. I`m familiar with the Plains Sundance, but I didn`t realize other cultures in other parts of the world has similar practices. That`s interestin`.

ambush80

People everywhere like to be in altered states don't they?

atlashunter

Thanks. I`m familiar with the Plains Sundance, but I didn`t realize other cultures in other parts of the world has similar practices. That`s interestin`.

You gonna give it a try Nic? :bounce:

atlashunter

I'll pass too. Turning myself into a shish-k-bob doesn't sound like my gig. Some things I'll just have to take peoples word for.

ambush80

TTom,

Do you think one could start slow? Maybe running a knitting needle through a forearm?

TTom

LOL Ambush, Actually even my suspension hooks are smaller than most knitting needles. For a good reference figure a 12/0 Hooks, check them out next time you're at your favorite fishing shop that carries deep sea stuff.

But Nicodemus and Atlashunter I understand, funny thing is first time I ever saw this stuff I said something along the lines of:

"In a million years you couldn't pay me enough....."
(that's the cleaned up version, add in a few expletives that wouldn't be appreciated by Nicodemus )

Funny how the universe works.