Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Spiritual Help and Religion Discussions > Christianity & Judaism

Old 05-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Default Simple, straightforward ... trustworthy

"What do you have to earn that God has not already given?
What can the devil take from you that isn’t secure in
Christ, who earned and keeps it all? We’re sons and
daughters of the New Covenant that He made and keeps for
us, not orphans of a Covenant that we have to make and
keep and hope He’ll accept. He is happy with what He has
done! We might as well be, too.
=============================

Love this. Right to the point. We have the freedom to kick religious self effort to the street and have dependence on His Providential Love and Grace in it's place. Whose obedience are we trusting in anyway? Your New spiritual "DNA" is safe in the Father's care!
- Walter

Copied by permission from FB and RalphHarris.org.

Old 05-13-2018, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriperAddict View Post
"What do you have to earn that God has not already given?
What can the devil take from you that isn’t secure in
Christ, who earned and keeps it all? We’re sons and
daughters of the New Covenant that He made and keeps for
us, not orphans of a Covenant that we have to make and
keep and hope He’ll accept. He is happy with what He has
done! We might as well be, too.
=============================

Love this. Right to the point. We have the freedom to kick religious self effort to the street and have dependence on His Providential Love and Grace in it's place. Whose obedience are we trusting in anyway? Your New spiritual "DNA" is safe in the Father's care!
- Walter

Copied by permission from FB and RalphHarris.org.

LOL...I love...

Quote:
He is happy with what He has
done! We might as well be, too
Yes! That word comes to mind "make every effort to find out what pleases the Lord".

It's almost too wonderful. The only way I found out what pleases my wife was to "keep an eye on her"...watch her, look for, and pay attention to those things that put a smile on her face. This was not work.

We've got something to look at, and for (and I know my wife agrees) that far exceeds that attention in an occupation of joy. And in doing that, she is not excluded in attentions, at all...either.

It's funny (almost) that doing "one thing" turns to joy...for all things in our care.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:36 PM
Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Default re:

Ephesians 4
1 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3 eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Just thought I'd share a reading for today from the Spirit of a man in chains for Christ. He thought it worth it! I hope it fits your discussion.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula1 View Post
Ephesians 4
1 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3 eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Just thought I'd share a reading for today from the Spirit of a man in chains for Christ. He thought it worth it! I hope it fits your discussion.
Ahhh! Bless you brother! Jesus said to those given Him:

But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous men longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.

We are indeed gifted beyond right and measure!

O! The riches to be found in being brought past what seems very hard to repay, to what is all of impossible...to repay.

What can a man do...except let it take him where "it" will?
To learn...joy.

Even in chains. (Lord, help me!)