Chest Rigs

pdsniper

LOL hey buddy it looks good on you, if you shorten up the strap that goes over you shoulder that will raise it up a bit if you would like it a little higher

oppthepop

I did after that photo - but not too much. really like where it sits on my fat gut! :) Thanks for an awesome product! Now for a cartridge sleeve/strap combo for my Marlin 45/70!

Capt Quirk

@pdsniper- Do you have a lining underneath the snap? If not, it could scratch the finish of the pistol. I try to avoid placing snaps there, or line the inside. Another option, is a plastic stud that pops into the bottom of the snap.

These look great, hope to see more of your stuff!

Capt Quirk

Check out this guy. These are the plastic covers I mentioned earlier-http://www.highdesertleather.com/product/diy-parts

Lonegle57

I like the rig. My only suggestion would be a black or dull "D" ring instead of the shiny brass, they might reflect sunlight and spook game.

pdsniper

good idea but it don't take long for them to dull down just like using brass because it does dull down and it does not rust I will see if I can find some in black, If all else fails I can always duracoat them black

Capt Quirk

I like the rig. My only suggestion would be a black or dull "D" ring instead of the shiny brass, they might reflect sunlight and spook game.
You would be surprised how difficult they make it to find antiqued or black hardware. It seems that the suppliers love shiny nickle and brass.

pdsniper

oh I know what your talking about I have to do some real searching to find subdued hard ware that's why I just do it my self with Dura coat

Capt Quirk

The chest rig I did, the guy wanted black or gunmetal hardware. The only place that even came close to having it all, was Weaver Leather. But of course, their organization and search was garbage. It took forever to go through 15 pages of this, and 12 pages of that, just to find the buckles, d rings, rivets, and chicago screws.

Capt Quirk

I used to deal with Springfield, but they messed up about half of my orders. Too much time wasted, waiting for them to get it right. There are way too many other places too have to settle for inadequate.

pdsniper

I have a new friend that I made a chest rig for and several of you wanted to see what they look like when you have it on, so here a picture he sent me with a Hog he killed with his G 40 the rig can be worn down low or higher up on the chest there is plenty of adjustment for that

Attachments

• hog hunting chest rig.jpg
    hog hunting chest rig.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 90

scott stokes

very nice.i would also like one for a 14" contender with scope and a poach fore a suppressor and hold some bullets.