Xerxes Llewellins Wild Bird Camps.

Coach K

Some video & photo highlights from our camps this year to follow.
Sage Grouse, Sharptails, Pheasant and the Eastern 3 (Ruffs, WC & Quail)

1st is a video from out west where our little 3 yr old Llewellin Rhu' pointed her 1st sage grouse! This was the highlight of the sage grouse hunting.

Last edited:

Coach K

This was a client's dog who had never hunted wild birds before! He released a little before the entire covey went up, but he did hold the birds from 138 yards away until I was able to get there for the flush. It sure was a nice way to end the day.

Coach K

Here's the same dog. He came to camp flushing birds before the owner was able to get to his points. Now, he's staying locked on point for the hunter to flush the birds. This was a single from a covey that Ranger had found earlier.

Coach K

Typical Grouse hunting - can't see the dog on point (my gps is saying he's near, though) and can't catch but a glimpse of the bird. Had two dogs hunting, so was able to gather the other dog into heel so as not to accidentally bump the bird "T" had been holding for a while. I turn the go pro on 50 yds out then hope for the grouse to hold relatively well. This grouse held REALLY well!
The flush is at about 1:45. Sorry for the prelude. But, this was later in the season and you can never tell where those experienced birds are going to flush from!

Coach K

Videos

Really enjoyed those. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, it was a pleasure.

If I had time, I could put a bunch of the video clips together so you could see the dogs covering the ground, going on point, then flushing and shooting. Music also adds a nice touch.

That gives you the idea of what it was like, though.
My Xerxes Llewellins page on facebook has videos and photo albums of our travels. It's all fun.