Eason gone

MudDucker

Staff member
Man, what a difference a year makes. A year ago, he was set and everyone wondered what Fromm would do.

I wish him the best!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Buck, tj says he will be a third stringer out there.

Jetjockey

FootLongDawg

Never had the "it" factor. Seemed to always play scared. Overthrew everybody. Watched him play every game last year on tv except the Vandy game which I saw in Athens. I could not believe how many times he threw to unopen recievers, while open recievers ran down the field. But the guy does have a huge arm and may do well out west. Wish him all the luck, and certainly dont blame him for transferring.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sucks for y'all if Fromm goes down. Eason will tare it up in Washington

Buck we got another #1 QB that has already enrolled at UGA. I would say he would be serviceable. Now if he goes down too, it could be a problem.

DannyW

Buck we got another #1 QB that has already enrolled at UGA. I would say he would be serviceable. Now if he goes down too, it could be a problem.

Yeah...but correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Eason, the kid who "Never had the "it" factor. Seemed to always play scared. Overthrew everybody", the number one rated QB coming out of high school?

I understand why you have to rank them but that's all it is, just a number. You just can't predict with any certainty how they will actually perform on a bigger stage.

Just today I read that Aaron Rodgers was completely unranked, as in ZERO stars, coming out of high school. His first year in college was as a walk-on at a junior college. Yeah...THAT Aaron Rodgers. That's how badly the ranking system sometimes works.

You just don't know...

But...despite the uncertainty...Georgia has gotten themselves a pretty nice group of potential ball players. We will have to wait and see if Kirby Smart & Co. can whip them into a pretty good football team.

FootLongDawg

My observations of him were from his freshman year at UGA. Not what he was rated out of high school. Transferring does work out for some folks. Baker Mayfield comes to mind.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yeah...but correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Eason, the kid who "Never had the "it" factor. Seemed to always play scared. Overthrew everybody", the number one rated QB coming out of high school?

I understand why you have to rank them but that's all it is, just a number. You just can't predict with any certainty how they will actually perform on a bigger stage.

Just today I read that Aaron Rodgers was completely unranked, as in ZERO stars, coming out of high school. His first year in college was as a walk-on at a junior college. Yeah...THAT Aaron Rodgers. That's how badly the ranking system sometimes works.

You just don't know...

But...despite the uncertainty...Georgia has gotten themselves a pretty nice group of potential ball players. We will have to wait and see if Kirby Smart & Co. can whip them into a pretty good football team.

I agree on player ratings, but hey at this point the season is over, and that is all we have to go on.

BuckNasty83

Fields? Can't put too much stock in those DT qbs. Never know what your getting with them at the collegiate level. You never know though

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Fields? Can't put too much stock in those DT qbs. Never know what your getting with them at the collegiate level. You never know though

My biggest worry with fields, is how he will fit into Chaney's scheme. We can almost be sure the offense will be designed around a Fromm type QB. But like you say we will see. I got a feeling we will see him in the wild Dawg, and with his passing and scrambling ability, I hope he gives us an extra weapon.

Jetjockey

He has to sit out a year and ain't he from Washington?

Yes he is, his problem is he will be competing against two 4 star recruits coming in in 2018, and in 2019, the first year he will be eligible, comes another 4 Star QB who is currently rated the #3 QB in the class of 2019. It was already accepted that most likely the loser of the 2018 freshman QB battle, would most likely transfer. With the stacked QB recruits UW has coming in the next two years, just don’t see him being the starter at UW at any time. With that said, I hope I’m wrong. Because if I am, it most likely means he will have greatly improved and beat out some really good QB’s. That in itself would be great for UW.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Yes he is, his problem is he will be competing against two 4 star recruits coming in in 2018, and in 2019, the first year he will be eligible, comes another 4 Star QB who is currently rated the #3 QB in the class of 2019. It was already accepted that most likely the loser of the 2018 freshman QB battle, would most likely transfer. With the stacked QB recruits UW has coming in the next two years, just don’t see him being the starter at UW at any time. With that said, I hope I’m wrong. Because if I am, it most likely means he will have greatly improved and beat out some really good QB’s. That in itself would be great for UW.

Good lawd! Look what Eason exiting just brought back in!

:hair::hair::hair::hair::hair:

And sorry... Eason is not going to transfer to another school just to sit.. He'll be your starter and better than anything that's currently their.

Jetjockey

Good lawd! Look what Eason exiting just brought back in!

:hair::hair::hair::hair::hair:

And sorry... Eason is not going to transfer to another school just to sit.. He'll be your starter and better than anything that's currently their.

At least we agree on something...... That’s exactly why I don’t see him transferring to UW. Chances are pretty good he will sit. Then again, I called his bust a LONG time ago.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
At least we agree on something...... That’s exactly why I don’t see him transferring to UW. Chances are pretty good he will sit. Then again, I called his bust a LONG time ago.

He's already done that for a year. I doubt he would transfer to some place where he gets to sit out another year of eligibility.