Keystone Rv

Bama B

what was the problem with the roof. Do you have any pictures. I have had several Keystone products with a few issues. But they always took care of them. As far as Campers world never been to impressed. Were you never shown the dammage or have photos. So you can at least figure out what happened

skeeter24

I had a Cougar fifth wheel for about 5 years. Sat outside year round and never had a problem. Sorry to hear about this. Looks like you had a bad unit from the get go. Too bad they will not make it right.

obligated

We just pulled our Keystone Challenger through 13 states.So far the only problem has been pallets falling from another vehicle and blowing out a tire and denting the aluminum skirt.A lot depends on what day and what hung over/drugged worker worked on the vehicle when manufactured.

Attachments

• rushmoretrailer.jpg
    rushmoretrailer.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,109
  • sturgis1.jpg
    sturgis1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,114

FMC

You can not see it in pictures. The very back corner is very soft and feels like there is not any plywood left under it. I have contacted everyone at Camping World and Keystone Rv and neither company is willing to make it right. I talked to Keystone yesterday until the Manger of Customer relations hung up on me. She said I could Google corporate if I wanted but it would only redirect back to her number.

I've always thought this Marcus guy needs to take a hard look at his own company before trying to fix others.

M2M

I have a Montana with very few problems with one alibi. The graphics couldnt withstand Florida's sun. Peeled under three years. At that time I could purchase replacement graphics for $1200, discontinued now. A white whale on roads now.

lbzdually

Banned
An RV is a very large rolling area, it would be a great place to get a few large vinyl signs made with free 'advertising' of what kind of service Keystone and CW gave you.

week 13

Update.

It has almost been a year. I am posting to bump this back up so that anyone considering a camper stay away from Camping World and Keystone campers. When I picked the camper up I climbed on top after them having it for almost 4 months here is what I found. They had started to repair it the way we discussed and cut the caulk all the way across the back of the camper. I guess they decided it would be to hard to replace the wood under the ladder so they just repaired a small 1' ×1' section in the corner. The caulk was left cut all the way across the back of the camper. I had to go back inside and get the desk guy to come out and look at it. He acted as if it was no big deal. He grabbed a tube of caulk and put some over the seam. There is no telling how long it had been outside in the rain and they could care less.

Attachments

• 20150507_162211.jpg
    20150507_162211.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 524
  • 20150507_162205.jpg
    20150507_162205.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 523

week 13

Update

Here is the area they repaired. The caulk is piled up so high in the corner it now holds about 1/4" of water behind the caulk. It really looks like something a child did. They charge over $100 an hour for labor. They estimated this at a 12 hour job.

Attachments

• 20160306_163830-1.jpg
    20160306_163830-1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 524

week 13

Update

Lbzdually yes they are like a rolling billboard. I threatened to logo the back and have a real estate size sign made to put at the end of our campsite inviting people to ask us about our Keystone Camper from Camping World and they said to go ahead they did not care. When you have one of the larger campers in the campground people always want to talk to you about your camper, I told Camping World that and it did not bother them. With almost 3600 views on this thread hopefully it has helped a few people.

chris41081

Wow! That is one sorry looking repair job. I can understand that problems will happen but I would expect a better effort to make it right. For what it's worth, you at least cost them a few customers. I'm looking to buy one in the near future, I'm glad you shared your disastrous experience. I will not be visiting them with my money.

obligated

Thats just shoddy workmanship.Tell an attorney your story and you MIGHT get some satisfaction.I have a 07 challenger 34 by Keystone.So far so good.

week 13

Winter Camping Shows

Bump for all the people leaving the camping shows and looking for a new camper. Please don't consider Camping World or Keystone.

walters

Keystone

If u bought camper new, keystone should have stood behind it, they have a 10 year warranty on there roofs, they just con there way outta it, still can't believe it got that bad stored under a shelter. I bought mine from camping world, they are too big for there own good. Heard many people dissatisfied with there service, have heard of people having to leave there camper for months at a time

Artfuldodger

I think I would present it again to the highest Keystone corporate person I could get to. Stress to them that it may become a rolling billboard.
Blow up and laminate the roof repair pictures and stick them on the back of your camper. Take a picture of this to show them what if will be like rolling down the road or parked in Walmart parking lots.
A picture is worth a thousand words. I wouldn't initially do this to corporate but only after they refuse to help.
Is Camper World on their list of approved repair places?

week 13

Warranty

I did buy the camper brand new. The only way they would ever think about honoring a warranty is if the roof had been maintained by Camping World 4 times a year as recommended by the owners manual. You would have to have pictures with time stamps and receipts from work done. Then you would need to store it inside a climate controlled facility with 24 hour video surveillance. Then maybe just maybe they would honor the warranty for 6 months from time of purchase.

I emailed pictures of the work to any address I could find at Keystone and Camping World. Never the first response from either company. I went so far as to find all the sporting events Camping World sponsored. At the time it was Nascars Truck series, I emailed several people in those organizations letting them know about their terrible sponsor and never received a call or email.

Both company's customer service was far worse than any dealings you could dream of with a cable or phone company. I would spend hours and hours at a time on the phone with Keystone only to be hung up on.

week 13

8300 views and counting

You would think Camping World would have seen this thread and tried to contact me. They have not.

walters

Camping world

Camping world don't care, they are too big for there on good, have to go after keystone itself, I got in a big argument on here a couple years ago about warranty's, they bashed me cause I said warranty's wasn't worth the paper they was written on. It's true.

3ringer

I have a Keystone Springdale. So far all is well. There are lemons in all makes and models including automobiles. There are independent mobile rv repair companies that advertise on FB groups. Maybe find one with good reviews to help you out.

3ringer

Blake Nash in Athens has a rv repair service. Maybe he can repair a bad area of your roof. I understand you trying to get it repaired under warranty. If all else fails , you may have make the repairs on your own. Good Luck