Public land only

MesquiteHeat

In hunting, most have a mentor and some have none. For many a resource like this forum could be a big help in getting started in the sport. Most of the time people have asked general questions about WMAs and their prospective opportunities as a NEWBIE, only to be treated like a seasoned hunter that's asked for GPS coordinates to where you've killed birds repeatedly. Heck, awhile back an active duty soldier got treated like this when he had asked simply if a WMA was worth his trip, shameful if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I get it, I understand... I was brought up in the culture of never seeing and never hearing, but treating a newbie with basic questions like he's Daniel Boone that's got a key to your private lease, little over the top. Its greed and being pious for some at the same time, personally can't wait to take a kid hunting again and other folks that haven't been. Don't want to share or help someone, fine, but don't shame and degrade them when they're looking for a pointer like all did at some point.

trkyhnt89

In hunting, most have a mentor and some have none. For many a resource like this forum could be a big help in getting started in the sport. Most of the time people have asked general questions about WMAs and their prospective opportunities as a NEWBIE, only to be treated like a seasoned hunter that's asked for GPS coordinates to where you've killed birds repeatedly. Heck, awhile back an active duty soldier got treated like this when he had asked simply if a WMA was worth his trip, shameful if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I get it, I understand... I was brought up in the culture of never seeing and never hearing, but treating a newbie with basic questions like he's Daniel Boone that's got a key to your private lease, little over the top. Its greed and being pious for some at the same time, personally can't wait to take a kid hunting again and other folks that haven't been. Don't want to share or help someone, fine, but don't shame and degrade them when they're looking for a pointer like all did at some point.

Good post

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
I hunt both, my club is 3 minutes from my second favorite wma.

tknight

^^^^^^^^

:cheers:

Swamprat

Swamprat
I am probably 40% private/60% public.

After the first few weeks and it starts to get buggy and warm alot of the public land around me gets very little pressure. The downfall to public land in my area is that you can't hunt past 1:00 PM but down South they opened up a few WMA's to all day but that might just be for quota hunts...not sure.

Adavantages to public land is more room to roam especially later in the season. Downfall is the guy who comes in on you and sets up 200 yards away and calls like he is playing a Bob Dylan record backwards.

Latest posts