Reservoirs Clayton County Henry County

I have started dedicating my fishing season to include many trips to the water authority reservoirs in Clayton and Henry counties. That would be Shamrock/Blalock, JW Smith, Shoal Creek, and lower Tussahaw. I need info from those familiar with these waters concerning where to fish them and what the bass will likely bite. In the spirit of cooperation I will say anyone boating on Blalock would do well to stay on the south side of the lake as the north is way too shallow to be much good.

For Henry, one must be a Resident, Property Owner or customer of the HCWA to obtain a permit. They cost $45/Yr. & the 2 lakes are open W, F, S&S 7-7.

Clayton has Daily & Annual fees for both residents & non-residents.

Both County’s opened for fishing March 1st.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
I've been to both shamrock/blalock and JW Smith when I used to live in Henry and Clayton counties. Smith is better. More rocky and clear than the other. They like reaction Baits like crankbaits, and also shaky heads and flukes in there. Keep Roostertails and minnowbaits on hand also for when they chase the minnows in the fall

big bass

Friend of mine fishes lower tussahaw with his son. They are of course Henry Co residents. He says the big bass (8+ lbs) are hitting 12+ inch plastic worms. I'm waiting on son in law to get Henry permit. Today I eat lunch with my daughter and will let her know he's stalling on getting that permit. She will light a fire under his butt.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
the crappie bite is excellent on the towaliga right now, troll some jigs..........

Well still no henry county permit out of the son in law. And I've gotten more info on Tussahaw. Friend says big worms and fish 15-20ft water. Oh well guess I'll fish Blalock this Saturday in clayton county.