Pop ups

bnew17

Can somebody fix this? I cant even open a theead without the amazon pop up coming up? Its ridiculous. I have pop up blocker on in my settings. This is the ONLY website i have this problem with.

BlueFrogg

Disable it on the iPhone? Because I agree I can hardly come to the site anymore before getting hit with what clearly looks like a scam ad for a “$1000 amazon gift card”

Stonewall 2

If using an IPhone or IPad hit the back arrow as soon as the amazon ad pops up then hit the close button on the ad box and it takes you back to the forum. Still aggravating but it is a quick fix and doesn’t do it again at least for me so far unless I leave the forum then comeback. Not sure on a computer I very rarely visit the forum on anything but my IPad or phone.

Big7

The Oracle
How about Windows 7 screen shot
for dummies..

I need to get that off mine. :D

BlueFrogg

So we’re all getting the same ad that is pretty obviously fishing for personal information of some kind once you “claim your $1000 Amazon gift card or free IPhone!” And there is nothing that can be done to stop it?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

bnew17

I visit 15+ forums regularly ans this is the only one i have problems with. Do you have any idea why? It looks like a lot of other members have the same problem. I have been a member for 10+ years and have never had this happen until recently. Suprised i have been able to type this message without having one pop up and close it down.

Stonewall 2

I have Adblock and it still happens on my iPad and phone. Maybe I don’t have it installed right but I loaded it a couple years ago when you mentioned it and haven’t had a problem until about a month ago with this amazon thing. Like I said though if I hit the back arrow when it pops up and the the close button on the amazon box it takes me back to the forum and doesn’t happen again unless I leave the forum.

fishtail

So we’re all getting the same ad that is pretty obviously fishing for personal information of some kind once you “claim your $1000 Amazon gift card or free IPhone!” And there is nothing that can be done to stop it?

Appears to be the case - I've been having this for a year. Can't get rid of it when present, it’s so bad I can't use the forum.

Last edited:

fishtail

This is the pop up. After waiting a while and returning to the forum.

Attachments

• CDF131A1-8AA7-48C5-90F4-F970F5BA97C0.jpg
    CDF131A1-8AA7-48C5-90F4-F970F5BA97C0.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 151

TigerinSC

I’ve been having this same pop up as well. I installed 1 Blocker and haven’t had any problems since. 1 blocker is free in the App Store

B. White

I didn’t do anything but haven’t had a problem since I originally posted. Somebody must’ve turned it off

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
This is the pop up. After waiting a while and returning to the forum.

Can’t get rid of it or post without disabling java script.
Is it a virus on gon or java scipt? Any and all solutions????
Clearing data doesn’t work and neither does the back button.
Ok ok corn is great geez! Ya can’t sqeeze blood from a turip anyway! Leave me be please. Who’s behind it?

bnew17

Same thing again for me. Im surprised ive a tually posted this message. Well actually ive had to re type it 5 times. Could Gon possibly have sold out to some malware company to post all this mess? This is the ONLY webaite i have this peoblem with. Come on GON!!!