How far apart are y'alls sets

j_seph

On 500 acres, wooded with a powerline and some small plots, hilly terrain. How many spots would you sit on this land?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 294

chase870

Possum Sox
5 to 8 maybe more if the terrain allows you to call on the edge of your property

mr otter

Most of the best trappers and longliners gang set each location with 3-5 traps. Personally when I stop the truck at least 3 sets are going in the ground. Like my good trapping buddy always says, “can’t catch a triple on coyotes with 2 traps out... but to answer the question, 30-35 traps in the ground gang set at the 8-12 best travel corridors and pinch points.

jakebuddy

For me, and I'm not an expert by any means but if I'm going to spend time and gas money I'm going to put out everything I got it simply ups my odds. Use some with different combinations of lures and baits some with just urine some with just lure and no bait just make every set different.

Philbow

I've mostly learned to set on sign; tracks, droppings, snatches of hair at fence crossing, etc.. I'll still set at really coyoteish looking spots but usually the coyotes are not smart enough to utilize these ideal locations and I end up pulling an empty trap. I'd also set more than 1 trap, 2 to 4, at each location. The number of locations just depends on the amount of sign.

Philbow

Some of us are calling and some are trapping. What was the question?