; Keystone Rv - Page 2 - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Camping, Hiking and RV's

Old 02-05-2016, 10:41 PM

An RV is a very large rolling area, it would be a great place to get a few large vinyl signs made with free 'advertising' of what kind of service Keystone and CW gave you.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:08 PM
Default Update.

It has almost been a year. I am posting to bump this back up so that anyone considering a camper stay away from Camping World and Keystone campers. When I picked the camper up I climbed on top after them having it for almost 4 months here is what I found. They had started to repair it the way we discussed and cut the caulk all the way across the back of the camper. I guess they decided it would be to hard to replace the wood under the ladder so they just repaired a small 1' 1' section in the corner. The caulk was left cut all the way across the back of the camper. I had to go back inside and get the desk guy to come out and look at it. He acted as if it was no big deal. He grabbed a tube of caulk and put some over the seam. There is no telling how long it had been outside in the rain and they could care less.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Default Update

Here is the area they repaired. The caulk is piled up so high in the corner it now holds about 1/4" of water behind the caulk. It really looks like something a child did. They charge over $100 an hour for labor. They estimated this at a 12 hour job.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2016, 06:27 PM
Default Update

Lbzdually yes they are like a rolling billboard. I threatened to logo the back and have a real estate size sign made to put at the end of our campsite inviting people to ask us about our Keystone Camper from Camping World and they said to go ahead they did not care. When you have one of the larger campers in the campground people always want to talk to you about your camper, I told Camping World that and it did not bother them. With almost 3600 views on this thread hopefully it has helped a few people.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:30 PM

Wow! That is one sorry looking repair job. I can understand that problems will happen but I would expect a better effort to make it right. For what it's worth, you at least cost them a few customers. I'm looking to buy one in the near future, I'm glad you shared your disastrous experience. I will not be visiting them with my money.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:07 PM

Thats just shoddy workmanship.Tell an attorney your story and you MIGHT get some satisfaction.I have a 07 challenger 34 by Keystone.So far so good.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:04 PM
Default Winter Camping Shows

Bump for all the people leaving the camping shows and looking for a new camper. Please don't consider Camping World or Keystone.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:44 PM
Default Keystone

If u bought camper new, keystone should have stood behind it, they have a 10 year warranty on there roofs, they just con there way outta it, still can't believe it got that bad stored under a shelter. I bought mine from camping world, they are too big for there own good. Heard many people dissatisfied with there service, have heard of people having to leave there camper for months at a time
Old 02-07-2018, 08:40 PM

I think I would present it again to the highest Keystone corporate person I could get to. Stress to them that it may become a rolling billboard.
Blow up and laminate the roof repair pictures and stick them on the back of your camper. Take a picture of this to show them what if will be like rolling down the road or parked in Walmart parking lots.
A picture is worth a thousand words. I wouldn't initially do this to corporate but only after they refuse to help.
Is Camper World on their list of approved repair places?
Old 02-07-2018, 09:13 PM
Default Warranty

I did buy the camper brand new. The only way they would ever think about honoring a warranty is if the roof had been maintained by Camping World 4 times a year as recommended by the owners manual. You would have to have pictures with time stamps and receipts from work done. Then you would need to store it inside a climate controlled facility with 24 hour video surveillance. Then maybe just maybe they would honor the warranty for 6 months from time of purchase.

I emailed pictures of the work to any address I could find at Keystone and Camping World. Never the first response from either company. I went so far as to find all the sporting events Camping World sponsored. At the time it was Nascars Truck series, I emailed several people in those organizations letting them know about their terrible sponsor and never received a call or email.

Both company's customer service was far worse than any dealings you could dream of with a cable or phone company. I would spend hours and hours at a time on the phone with Keystone only to be hung up on.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:17 PM
Default 8300 views and counting

You would think Camping World would have seen this thread and tried to contact me. They have not.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:06 AM
Default Camping world

Camping world don't care, they are too big for there on good, have to go after keystone itself, I got in a big argument on here a couple years ago about warranty's, they bashed me cause I said warranty's wasn't worth the paper they was written on. It's true.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:49 AM

I have a Keystone Springdale. So far all is well. There are lemons in all makes and models including automobiles. There are independent mobile rv repair companies that advertise on FB groups. Maybe find one with good reviews to help you out.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:15 AM

Blake Nash in Athens has a rv repair service. Maybe he can repair a bad area of your roof. I understand you trying to get it repaired under warranty. If all else fails , you may have make the repairs on your own. Good Luck