; Off road campers, r.v.s and Expedition type campers. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Camping, Hiking and RV's

Old 10-16-2017, 06:57 PM
Default Off road campers, r.v.s and Expedition type campers.

I have been reading a lot lately about 4x4 camping with roof-top tents, light jeep trailers or pop-up truck bed campers. 4x4 camping apparently is very popular in Europe, Africa and Australia and appears to be catching on here. The vehicles seem to range from old Toyota Land Cruisers, Jeeps, Broncos and 4x4 Trucks that pretty much are loaded up with everything you would need to go exploring and can sleep a couple of adults to truly global roaming expedition vehicles that are self contained and can travel 1000 or more miles off road. I myself, am toying with a 4 Wheel or Alaska slide-in camper for my truck which is pretty good off road, it is a Dodge 2500 Ram with a Cummins and manual transmission. Or maybe getting a Jeep and fixing it up. Over the years exploring in N. Ga and NC I look back and realize how nice one of these would be, not to mention the exploring out West I have done, and plan on doing more of in the future.