quality gunsmith for large quantity of guns

oaky-woods-8-pointer

when my house burned last year i had about 40 guns that were damaged:cry: i have been trying to find a gunsmith that could make the price worth having them all worked on no wood work required already have a wood man just the blue and rust clean up please help deer season is getting close::;

no clever name

Hate to hear that, hopefully you had everything insured. Have you contacted any of the manufacturers of your guns to see what they say about using them after going through a fire. If they got hot enough they may not be safe to use.

If they are safe to use I'd go direct to one of the finishers instead of going through a local smith that will probably send the guns off. The smith I use sends his refinishing work here. They reblued a BAR for me, it turned out beautiful.

http://www.apwcogan.com/

Brian Ott in douglasville does duracoat refinishing. I saw a gun he duracoated last year, it looked good. Not sure if he does any other types of finishes. I think the name of his company is Otts gunworks.

There's also a guy in north ga that does ceracoat, don't remember what his name was though.

good luck

Parker Phoenix

Shop just opened in Hawkinsville, normal price for blueing is $100, with that many he may do even better. Step's Gun Work's 478.892.2010

Washington95

If wood was not burned completely up, doubt if fire got hot enough to affect strength of metal, but might concoct some way to test fire them from distance rather than off your shoulder for several shots.

A gunsmith in the restoration business will be able to make some appropriate recommendations after a hands-on examination of the firearms. Long distance analysis is going to be worthless.

I would recommend getting some references from other shops and actual retail customers that have used the shop I was considering.

NHburns

I contacted some guys recently about blueing a barrel for me and they quoted me at $65 and said another $15 for the rest of the gun. They go by the name of blues brothers and you can find their add in " The Rifle" magazine. I think they are in california so you would have to consider shipping cost.

Clarke123

Hate to hear that, hopefully you had everything insured. Have you contacted any of the manufacturers of your guns to see what they say about using them after going through a fire. If they got hot enough they may not be safe to use.

If they are safe to use I'd go direct to one of the finishers instead of going through a local smith that will probably send the guns off. The smith I use sends his refinishing work here. They reblued a BAR for me, it turned out beautiful.

http://www.apwcogan.com/

Brian Ott in douglasville does duracoat refinishing. I saw a gun he duracoated last year, it looked good. Not sure if he does any other types of finishes. I think the name of his company is Otts gunworks.

There's also a guy in north ga that does ceracoat, don't remember what his name was though.
good luck

The guy in North Georgia is Tyler Wilson with ION Coatings. He does excellent work and is really inexpensive. He did a a strip and refinish job on a pistol slide for me that was fantastic!

Tyler Wilson
Ion Coatings LLC
www.IonCoatings.com
706-413-3773