Hunting county land in Gwinnett?

TimBray

Just found out a friend on 4 acres is almost surrounded by county-owned land (close to 300 ac.), naturally with deer everywhere. She is hesitant to let me hunt her land (feeds the deer) but is thinking about it. But from what I can find out, county-owned land is closed to hunting, so I would be restricted to her part. Anyone know for sure or do I need to call the gubbamint?

Tim

rjcruiser

Just found out a friend on 4 acres is almost surrounded by county-owned land (close to 300 ac.), naturally with deer everywhere. She is hesitant to let me hunt her land (feeds the deer) but is thinking about it. But from what I can find out, county-owned land is closed to hunting, so I would be restricted to her part. Anyone know for sure or do I need to call the gubbamint?

Tim

You gotta have permission to hunt any land.

Good luck getting it from the .gov. Hunt her land on the property line....just be careful for poachers on the .gov land. They are hunting it, you can be assured of that.

Mwaldrop

we hunted property that bordered douglas county landfill and some more of there swamp land. we would walk up on all kinds of people. we shared a road with them that split the property(s) and i bet every county employee had their on lock on the gate. we never had problems then, but that was from 1986 -2000. we even got the road scraped when we needed. and i know that they could hunt the property then, but now they cant. still hunted to this day by poachers and specific county employees that seem untouchable.

if you get the go-ahead, get it in written and carry it on the property. that way you can tell whoever questions u to pound sand!!!!!! and hunt the trails off the county prop. the lady friend has them trained to her backyard.

Retro095

I know that in Forsyth county they will have you arrested for hunt county land. If you find a gate into the land I'm sure it's posted. And like one of the others said there will be a million poachers right there with you when to try to hunt. With every thing from big guns to .22cals. We have a huge problem with it here. Good luck though either way you decide

Tim

Maybe it's just me, but I think you have other problems other than trespassing on county land.

TimBray

Maybe it's just me, but I think you have other problems other than trespassing on county land.

:huh:

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand this? And I have no intention of trespassing on county property. I guess you missed the part of my post where I said I would be restricted to her land? After Googling it and finding several articles about it, I thought I would come here to see if anyone could tell me for sure. :pop:
hh300win, I would appreciate it. I'm just looking for a place close by that I could hunt on my off days. Thanks.

Tim

A. Taylor

I work for Gwinnett Co. and they do not allow any hunting on their property. A few years ago when they bought the land that is now Harbins Park (1100) acres they had a meeting for groups to voice their opinions on how the land should be used. There were more hunters than all other groups combined however hunting was excluded from their plans.

TimBray

I work for Gwinnett Co. and they do not allow any hunting on their property. A few years ago when they bought the land that is now Harbins Park (1100) acres they had a meeting for groups to voice their opinions on how the land should be used. There were more hunters than all other groups combined however hunting was excluded from their plans.

Thanks for your input. :cheers:

Tim

:huh:

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand this? And I have no intention of trespassing on county property. I guess you missed the part of my post where I said I would be restricted to her land? After Googling it and finding several articles about it, I thought I would come here to see if anyone could tell me for sure. :pop:
hh300win, I would appreciate it. I'm just looking for a place close by that I could hunt on my off days. Thanks.

Tim

If she is feeding the deer, you will be hunting over bait. There is no way you can legally hunt over bait in Gwinnett on a 4 acre tract.