What you toting to the woods this year?

Hillbilly stalker

68" hickory flat bow,port ord cedar arrows and glue on Magnus heads

SELFBOW

Any of several bows, my Martin X-200 and Big Jim buffalo just to name two. Might do something a little diff'rent this year- I've gotten to where I really like Aluminum arrows. I might deviate from my tried and true woodies for a season.

This sister should be finished real soon and in my hands. Copperhead or the little sister will start it.

Attachments

• 27954.jpg
    27954.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 396

Clipper

Big Jim 43# Buffalo with GT 35-55 trads tipped with bear razor heads (old ones) or Grizzlies.
My pop-up blind bow is 45# Browning Wasp, 56" (made in the 70's I think) with 2016 aluminum arrows tipped with above broadheads. I am currently lusting after some Simmons Land Sharks but haven't decided if they are right for me or not.

Pointpuller

Predator DX hunter recurve 51# at 28". Easton Axis traditional shafts 400's with 75gr brass inserts up front. Tipped with Muzzy Phantom 125gr. 5" helical feathers. They have worked in the past so Im going with them again. Good luck to y'all this season.

mar0311

mar0311

JD Berry 64", 65# Viper, Tipped with 125g Eskimo two blade on cedar shafts..Follow the Blood...

Dennis

Dang Toelke Whip shooting good today I was planning on shooting my Dalaa recurve on my first hunt but may have to rethink that. But my Dave Johnson bow is shooting lights out also. This would be much easier if I had only 1 bow but it would not be as much fun. Guess I'll try to get a critter with each bow this year.
Can't hunt this weekend cause I'm getting married but will be out there soon trying to gaff something

SELFBOW

Dang Toelke Whip shooting good today I was planning on shooting my Dalaa recurve on my first hunt but may have to rethink that. But my Dave Johnson bow is shooting lights out also. This would be much easier if I had only 1 bow but it would not be as much fun. Guess I'll try to get a critter with each bow this year.
Can't hunt this weekend cause I'm getting married but will be out there soon trying to gaff something

I had to pick the Little Sister this week after finding two cracks in the bow I've been shooting for two weeks. I'll start w her and sister #6 should be home in a week or two...

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Congratulations on the upcoming marriage Dennis. I wish y'all a very long and happy marriage.
Jeff

Timbo85

I'll be takin a hickory long bow I made earlier this summer and a few river cane arrows I cut last yr I made what is called a backwards arrow with inserts and muzzy phantoms 125 gr fletched with feathers from a magnum jake I killed last spring

ddawg

Chad Holm River Runner 45#

oldfella1962

Toelke Whips are great looking bows.

243SuperRC

I hadn't bow hunted in close to 30 years. I had a pse e-wheel compound bow back in those days. Last year I bought my first recurve, I wanted to learn to shoot a bare bow. I have since picked up 2 more recurves. A 1975 (?) Shakespeare Mancos X-40, 58", @55 lbs and a few months ago a 1974 Damon Howatt Coronado, 60", @ 50 lbs. The DH feels several pounds heavier than the Shakespeare. Also the DH chronographed 15 fps faster than Shakespeare with same arrow. Looking forward to my first full season of traditional bow hunting.

sawtooth

If I'm not wrong, that DH Coronado is the predecessor to what later became the X-200. Both of which are very fine bows. I now own 4 of them and I plan to start tipping over critters with one of them in the morning.

oldfella1962

I hadn't bow hunted in close to 30 years. I had a pse e-wheel compound bow back in those days. Last year I bought my first recurve, I wanted to learn to shoot a bare bow. I have since picked up 2 more recurves. A 1975 (?) Shakespeare Mancos X-40, 58", @55 lbs and a few months ago a 1974 Damon Howatt Coronado, 60", @ 50 lbs. The DH feels several pounds heavier than the Shakespeare. Also the DH chronographed 15 fps faster than Shakespeare with same arrow. Looking forward to my first full season of traditional bow hunting.

you can't beat those old bows! I love my 1959 Blackhawk Bee recurve it - handles & shoots like a longbow. Weird it has a slight twist in one of the limbs, but is dead-on accurate - go figure!

243SuperRC

I was able to check both my bows with a scale today. I checked them at my draw length of 26" and at 28". Even though the the DH Coronado is marked 50 lbs it came in at 60 lbs @ 28" and 52 lbs at @26". The Mancos was 55 lbs as advertised and 47 lbs @26".

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 72