Have you ever thought about Hunting Africa?

Phillip Thurmond

Have you ever thought about hunting Africa? On Feb 5th 2018 the guys that I've hunted with for three years in South Africa are coming here to Lawrenceville for a meet and greet with anyone that thinks they might like to go or just wants to find out more information. It of course is free and if you just would like to find out about cost and what it's like, feel free to come. I'm getting nothing out of this I just want to help these guys get started with US customers. They are a first class operation from facilities to game and go the extra step to help you get the animals you came for. Like I said I've been there three times and and you can shoot 5 or 6 animals for the price of a do it yourself elk hunt. Its worth checking out for sure. Another good thing is they are in the southern hemisphere and so the hunting takes place in our summer months, May, June, july, August. If you want more information about this give me a call, My name is Phillip and my number is 678 234-0068

Also for some reason it won't let me post pics but I have plenty. Says something about security token missing? So if you want me to send photos of my hunt get back with me and I'll send them personally to your email.
Thanks
Phillip

Big7

The Oracle
See if you can find "Trophy" on YouTube.

Seen it on cnn (that I never watch) night or so ago.
Pretty sure it was NOT a cnn production because it
represented ALL sides.

That will change your mind about "canned" hunts.

Just sayin'.

Phillip Thurmond

Looked at the article. As for "Canned" hunts how is hunting on thousands of acres a canned hunt? but they also do "Free range hunts" To each his own. Its not for everyone but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was hard as heck to find and hunt some of those animals. For example I wanted a zebra and ive been three years and finally got one but it took so much walking as stalking and looking it was an amazing hunt. A lot of the same skills that you have here you will use there, Especially always checking the wind. That was the biggest factor in all the hunts. Like I said if anyone is interested give me a call for more information

Big7

The Oracle
Looked at the article. As for "Canned" hunts how is hunting on thousands of acres a canned hunt? but they also do "Free range hunts" To each his own. Its not for everyone but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was hard as heck to find and hunt some of those animals. For example I wanted a zebra and ive been three years and finally got one but it took so much walking as stalking and looking it was an amazing hunt. A lot of the same skills that you have here you will use there, Especially always checking the wind. That was the biggest factor in all the hunts. Like I said if anyone is interested give me a call for more information

Rong.

Watch the show. The article is short.

95% run the "rich folks" through a farm(pens, fences)
and 'hunter" axe' how much for this one or that one.

One knuckle-head's wife wanted to "kill" a Giraffe,
husband says: Can't get it home and if we could
was not a big enough room for a full body mount.

She said "guess we will just have to build on to the house".

Old dude has 1300 or so Rhino. (gozillionare)
Darted them and cut off the horn with NO damage to
the animal and makes them useless to poachers.

No can sell the horns worth $250,000.00 (not a typo)
each. Po po said he could not sell in S. Affrika.

Many years and many millions of $$$ later, he took
S. Affrika to court and won.

Another IDIOT was chirping he was a mighty hunter
an on a big 5. The 4th was a turned out breeding
Lion that was no use any more. Let him out of
the pen a day and walked right up to him and shot
him. Then he cried like a baby.

ANOTHER IDIOT "shot" a small Elephant supposedly
because he was not a big "breeder bull"..
Management is good.

Problemo was it took the "client" a 30 yard shot
then as the Elephant ran away.

Then the professional "hunter" known here as a "guide"
had to shoot twice. Elephant STILL not dead,
told home-boy where to "shoot him" when on the ground.

Took about 10 minutes of deep moans from the Elephant
to die.

Then, some Affrika-cans washed blood off the Elephant
with bottled water and shook some dirt and hay on him for the "photo-op".

That make's anyone that does a "canned hunt" a "killer",
not to be confused with a hunter.

What a bunch of IDIOTS! facepalm:

Big7

The Oracle
So your saying all of Africa is canned hunting?

Back on up to where I said 95%. ;)

Yep.. A REAL "hunter" that has that kind of money,
endurance and whatever, more power to you!
If you want to flop out of a bush plane, Land Rover and "hunt",
fair chase.. More power to you.

Walking up to what would qualify as a tame, zoo
animal and a 40 yd (or less) shot IS NOT HUNTING!

That would make one a fool and a killer.
Not a hunter.

Just sayin'. :huh:

shdw633

Back on up to where I said 95%. ;)

Yep.. A REAL "hunter" that has that kind of money,
endurance and whatever, more power to you!
If you want to flop out of a bush plane, Land Rover and "hunt",
fair chase.. More power to you.

Walking up to what would qualify as a tame, zoo
animal and a 40 yd (or less) shot IS NOT HUNTING!

That would make one a fool and a killer.
Not a hunter.

Just sayin'. :huh:

So he can put you down as a NO for the meeting?? :biggrin2:

Phillip Thurmond

I can't let it go at that. Since you have not been and only seen what you have on tv, all I can tell you is it was nothing like that at all. Never walked up to anything and shot. The don't hunt lions, elephants and stuff like that. It's mostly plains game. Kudu, zebra, blue wilderbeast, Impala, and stuff like that. And also I was just telling everyone about the meeting. If your not interested please stay home and watch your tv or what ever you do. Don't judge someone else about something you have no first hand knowledge of. I've been there done that you have not so until you do get your facts straight. Not saying that does not happen but it was not like that where I was and it was great hunting. Nothing like you describe.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Big7,
Your talking out of your butt about something you know nothing about.

Are there bad apples in the hunting industry?
Yes! Heck we have bad apples on this board.

My only advise to anyone interested is to decide what kind of experience you want. Then ask lots of questions.

For me personally its not the Africa I dreamed of, if dangerous game is not present in the hunting area.

Wow, that post went sideways fast!

Africa is a stunning place to hunt, the people, the geography, and the animals are all exceptional. For the money, it is a great deal. The boys and I are working on the 'Head of the Finance' to arrange another trip in the next year or so.

It is a trip you will never forget.

Phillip Thurmond

I totally agree and the guys that I have went with the past 3 years are fantastic and the prices are much better than anywhere else I have shopped by a lot. I know lots and lots of people who have gone and everyone of them tell me that we have had fantastic deals and wish they would have know about these guys before. Anyway I don't want to fuss with anyone and that was not my intent here I just wanted to put the word out if anyone was interested. Thanks for reading.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
If I was to go, sable, bongo, waterbuck, nyala, and cape buffalo would be on my list.

jerry russell

There are canned hunts anywhere in the world.

The vast majority of hunt locations in Africa are very much wild. I would encourage anyone that has that dream to chase it. It will change you forever.

I would also encourage anyone that wants information to get it from a variety of sources ie from someone that has hunted multiple locations and even better, multiple countries. I have hunted several Southern Africa countries and prefer Namibia over the other for a variety of reasons.

Africa is awesome.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have no interest in elephants, lions, rhinos or cape buffalo, really. But I'd sure like to hunt sable, leopard, kudu, gemsbok, waterbuck, francolin, doves, sandgrouse, and have some of the day's kill cooked over a campfire every night. I also want to catch one of those big tigerfish with teeth the size of your fingers.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
My wife want's to go to Africa one day and get a Kudu.
If I were to go I think I would want a wildabeast.

We don't have solid information...but rumor has it that we couldn't bring this meat home with us???????
We are food hunters 1st....then the big horns is just a bonus.

jerry russell

My wife want's to go to Africa one day and get a Kudu.
If I were to go I think I would want a wildabeast.

We don't have solid information...but rumor has it that we couldn't bring this meat home with us???????
We are food hunters 1st....then the big horns is just a bonus.

Meat cannot be imported from Africa but you will consume more than you can imagine while there. It is incredible. No worries on waste. Every single scrap including most all of the guts is salvaged.

By the way, Kudu is a fantastic animal to hunt.