Braves in FIRST Place!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
This is not the first time the Phillies have been suspected of stealing signs. When asked by a news reporter about the notion of the New York Mets having similar issues with his team, Manuel said, "Keep crying. I'm sure if they can steal signs, they'll steal them. And we will too. … If you're dumb enough to let us get them, then that's your fault."

This is taken from the USA Today Article- see link in borntohuntandfish's post...........it was also saying that Shane Victorino was on the Bullpen phone while the Phillies were up to bat!?!

Karma........gonna get ya. I am a big fan of Ryan Howard and a few other Phillies.........this stuff stinks!

Doc_Holliday23

I don't mind the guys that are playing at the time (like a runner on second base) stealing signs. That's part of the game. But I don't like the 'pen stealing signs with binoculars. Baseball is supposed to be your 9 vs the other guys' 9.

HighCotton

Get another solid starter (get KK out of there, Lowe also still worries me) and get McLouth out of there. Play Cabrera or Hinske instead. Then I'll be happy and I think we're on track as long as the bats stay hot. Right now everyone except McLouth seems to be hitting. That won't always be the case but you can see what a big difference it makes when just a few bats start coming alive.

Sweetwater

I'm gonna play the devils advocate about the whole sign stealing issue....

Unlike a defensive player having the right to space to make a play on the ball....and unlike a runner having the right to the baseline....there is no right for the pitching team to sign. Yes, stealing signs from the bullpen using binoculars is dirty, IIRC it's not against the rules. If they weren't using binocs, I've have zero problem with it.

Sweetwater

I don't mind the guys that are playing at the time (like a runner on second base) stealing signs. That's part of the game. But I don't like the 'pen stealing signs with binoculars. Baseball is supposed to be your 9 vs the other guys' 9.

Imo....If a coach can sign in pitches off the bench, then a pitcher can steal said signs from the bullpen(without binocs). It's only fair.

DSGB

Currently, McLouth has been making me :banginghe He too is one of my faves and as we all know, he has come through in the Clutch several times, including that amazing walk off homer.
Right now, Pitchers have him Pegged! He has Got to try hitting to Left Field........if he does that, he will start racking up on the Doubles.......I wonder what Pendleton has been working with him on?

He is supposedly changing his stance a bit - shortening it up. TP thinks he is striding too far and not getting any leverage from his back leg.

DSGB

2.5 game lead!! :smash::smash::smash:

Doc_Holliday23

15460.ProfessionalHeavy-DutyCornBroom_4.jpg

DSGB

Best to get it out of our system early, I suppose.

We were saying the same thing not too long ago. Ya'll won't be down long, especially once you get Rollins back.

We got lucky by not having to face Halladay or Moyer.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Seems the last few games we won were not really that close.............yesterdays was a nail biter:hair:

Way to Go OMAR! That was clutch!

Thank you Billy Wagner for the awesome Save!

What a game!

biggdogg

probably get a good indication as to how far the braves have come. l.a. has really a good young pitching staff and a pretty potent line-up.

i'm glad to see melky and chipper are hitting. heck, even escobar is finally coming out of it. but mcclouth though, if he would lay off the ankle biters, half the pitches he swings at would hit him in the shins if he stood still. till he starts laying off of those and starts hitting the other way, that's all he's gonna see.

drhunter1

We were saying the same thing not too long ago. Ya'll won't be down long, especially once you get Rollins back.

We got lucky by not having to face Halladay or Moyer.

They certainly will not be down for long. This will be a dog fight until the end. May the best, less cheating, team win.::ke::biggrin2:

gsubo

Chipper has an "inflamed ring finger". Are you kidding me???

This man needs to take a lesson from Cal Ripken Jr. on playing through injuries and MAN UP! Wonder how many of these "inflamed fingers" and "strained toes" Ol Rip had during the streak.:banginghe

He just has no drive anymore I guess. :huh: The Braves definately need to decide on what to do at third base next year. I dont know how well another coach is gonna put up with it. Then again..I got a feelin when Bobby goes so will ol Chip.