Illinois applications?

livetohunt

You can get archery over the counter

Which in Illinois I think is a flawed system. Some people wait till they go up for the fall hunt and buy an over the counter doe tag only and hunting license. Then if they harvest a buck, they buy the much more expensive buck tag.. I talked to the DNR about this, and they agreed it is a problem.

cwinters

Which in Illinois I think is a flawed system. Some people wait till they go up for the fall hunt and buy an over the counter doe tag only and hunting license. Then if they harvest a buck, they buy the much more expensive buck tag.. I talked to the DNR about this, and they agreed it is a problem.

They don't let you do that any more. When you first get there and only purchase a doe tag, you can only purchase more doe tags. If you don't buy a buck tag when you first get there you can't go back and buy one later. That's how it's been for the last 2 years any way!!

GaLarry

They don't let you do that any more. When you first get there and only purchase a doe tag, you can only purchase more doe tags. If you don't buy a buck tag when you first get there you can't go back and buy one later. That's how it's been for the last 2 years any way!!

Correct. That is the case now.

livetohunt

Good to know they changed it...They were losing a lot of money on this loophole...You need to pay to play in my opinion.

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Larry, you need to apply for the gun tag, you can get the archery when you get there...always plenty leftover!