Your smallest deer?

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Killed a piebald doe on Ossabaw a few years back that weighed 34lbs on the hoof.

Cropslx

42 or 47lbs can't remember. I swear it looked bigger. My buddy just shot one in the field next to me and I wanted to double up for a memory and hunting story to tell our boys :)

grouper throat

Man I was thinking my first deer (51 lbs) was small until I saw the replies. My dad threw it over his shoulder. I shot two but only hit the second... both were yearlings. Now I have seen smaller back when we were issued multiple doe tags each and shot them in front of dogs. I could kill a doe running 40 mph across a clearing back then.

Beaudeane

35 lbs dressed for my first deer maybe 20 years ago at Piedmont. Same weight the next year at cedar creek. No spots but one the wardens at cedar creek said something bout it being dog sized when he was checking it out at the check station

gaswamper

Don't know what it weighed but I had it hanging on the kids swing set skinning it when my neighbor ask was it a squirrel.

king george

I had 1 fit in a apple box 1 time. Never weighed it , just put the whole thing on the grill. IT WAS LITTLE! By herself ,no comparison, little ole thing was a tough shot though!

I killed two back when I was a teenager that after we quarter them out I put both deer in a Walmart bag more less they had spots from head to toe not very proud of it now I was young and blistered everything thing that walked out I was into brown it's down and see how many I could kill I killed 16 deer that year thought I was king of the woods learned my lesson the following year shot a 50lb knot head out of the window that cost me 3800 hundred bucks and a year no hunting probation and 60 hrs of good community service hanging boundary sign and controlled burns needless to I don't kill but 4 to 5 deer a year now and there all biguns

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I killed one on sapelo island that was 31 pounds live weight.

SC Hunter

:rofl:
I killed two back when I was a teenager that after we quarter them out I put both deer in a Walmart bag more less they had spots from head to toe not very proud of it now I was young and blistered everything thing that walked out I was into brown it's down and see how many I could kill I killed 16 deer that year thought I was king of the woods learned my lesson the following year shot a 50lb knot head out of the window that cost me 3800 hundred bucks and a year no hunting probation and 60 hrs of good community service hanging boundary sign and controlled burns needless to I don't kill but 4 to 5 deer a year now and there all biguns

I got caught doing that in high school and they ate our lunch money!! 1500 couldn't hunt for 2 years, and 40 hours of community service! I haven't done it since!

I shot one several years back opening morning and my father in law at the time said I need you to shoot 3 deer this morning.... One had spots and my 8 year old niece loaded her up herself!

Beta Tau789

my dad shot "the winner" on Ossabow last year at 18lbs... we packed it out in a trash bag, lol.... He said he thought it was further away in the scope.

Bambi

I've shot quite a few deer that I threw over back and carried with one arm.

You know it's small when you get to the cooler and the owners 5 year old son says, " why you shoot the baby deer?"

Uptonongood

A hungry grad student at UGA with very limited hunting time will shoot very small deer. How small? So small he carried both of them and his rifle out in one trip. But they were great eating!

scottfmcclure

I shot one back in the early 80s near the end of season.It was no larger than a fawn but had no spots,it was just a runt.Carried it out by one ear and put the hind quarters and back straps in a 12-pack cooler with a little room for ice.Didn't weigh it but can tell you my buddies still rag me about it to this day. (serious story)

T-N-T

I shot one that a 13 year old kid toted on his shoulders. It didnt have any spots on it, but they probably where knocked off from the concussion of the muzzle loader.
No regrets.

T-N-T

my dad shot "the winner" on Ossabow last year at 18lbs... we packed it out in a trash bag, lol.... He said he thought it was further away in the scope.

:hair:

RABJR

Probably back in November '06 or '07 one morning I rattled and as soon as I stopped my series (the same second) two deer came crashing through the swamp and then trotted towards me- I mean it sounded like I rattled something offensive to sasquatch in Morse code via rattling. It sounded like he was in the swamp pushing trees over and breaking limbs and everything. These two deer- both antlerless approached me. They stopped about 50 yards away and I dropped the bigger one first, right in her tracks, the other one ran towards me and stopped about (this is really messed up, and I'm not proud at all) 15 yards away and I shot, BOOM broke it's front leg in half and it stood there looking at me on 3 legs. BOOM- dropped it. Ended up taking 130lb. mama, and 50 something lb. button buck. That was the only button buck I have ever shot and the only reason I did it is because I thought they were both does and I thought it'd be cool to get 2 deer in the same hunt. I later learned that (for me) the only thing worse than shooting a button buck was shooting a deer with blood on the ground and not being able to find it. I've gotten good at aging deer on the hoof from the stand and trail cam pictures up to 4.5 years old and in the last 2 years I've taken mature bucks over 200lbs. I personally don't see the point in shooting whatever walks because I can get significantly more meat off shooting a bigger\older deer than a newborn. Maybe the tenderness argument is valid- I don't know. Anyway, it wasn't a favorable experience for me from a personal standards view or amount of meat per life view. I'm not bashing anyone, I'm simply saying I don't plan on doing that again unless it's for survival or times are personally tough (FL resident- GA hunter- trying to break the stereotype of brown its down). I will also let does walk if they have fawns with them and will usually let does walk after the rut unless I've yet to harvest a deer near the end of the season.