!!!update with pics!!! prayers needed for gadestroyer74!

Gadestroyer,
First of all, prayers sent. I've watched this thread since the beginning and can't even imagine having to go through it, especially if it was my wife or one of my kids. Didn't realize the after effects could be so bad.
I wanted to thank you for posting about it as I often think about it when my family and I are "at the farm". We all wear our snakeboots, even my 4 yr old.
thank you fellar... I never even knew what a snake boot was till I got bit. Never even worry about the snakes or looked for them . I was very uneducated about snakes or what was what .. You can bet I am very aware now in everything I do. I hope others can learn from my stupidity and it raise awareness to always be alert even when you are cautious shouldn't ever let your guard down. I also am thankful to still be here and be able to share this experience to others and realize anything can happen at any time and to always pay attention and be smart unlike me

aaronward9

He may be fine physically, but it sho messed him up in the head... ::ke:::ke:::ke:

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Local 59 y/o man was bitten and killed by a rattlesnake this week.

Local 59 y/o man was bitten and killed by a rattlesnake this week.

Aww man hate to hear that ! I was at the farm today planting soybeans and you better believe my boots was on and my .40 on my side. Sure hate to hear about folks dying or bit yikes

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Aww man hate to hear that ! I was at the farm today planting soybeans and you better believe my boots was on and my .40 on my side. Sure hate to hear about folks dying or bit yikes

He was from Oconee County but was bit in Oglethorpe County.

A buddy of mine just moved to Oglethorpe County and both his Dobermans were bitten by either a copperhead or a rattle snake(they didn't find the snake).
Benadryl saved them.

H

Hammer Spank

Im really hoping that rattlesnakes (diamonds and timbers) will soon be protected. Due to massive ignorance they are seriously declining. Bears, sharks, mountain lions, bobcats, snakes, snapping turtles, etc etc etc can all hurt you. If you are afraid of them and don't know how to stay safe from them, you really shouldn't be in the outdoors.

Im really hoping that rattlesnakes (diamonds and timbers) will soon be protected. Due to massive ignorance they are seriously declining. Bears, sharks, mountain lions, bobcats, snakes, snapping turtles, etc etc etc can all hurt you. If you are afraid of them and don't know how to stay safe from them, you really shouldn't be in the outdoors.

That's what makes this a free country . Not everyone has the same fears whether we are educated or not there isn't a soul walking this planet that is perfect and fearless of something everyone reacts different to things or fears glad we live in a free country where we can atleast decided for ourselves how to handle things..

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
That's what makes this a free country . Not everyone has the same fears whether we are educated or not there isn't a soul walking this planet that is perfect and fearless of something everyone reacts different to things or fears glad we live in a free country where we can atleast decided for ourselves how to handle things..

X2, I flopping agree.

Grey Man

That's wise, my man. Were you this wise before you got bit?

I would say you may be ignorant to something's life has a way of humbling you and bringing you back to earth.. Some people learn the hard way I happen to be one of them. I rarely make the same mistake twice

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I figured I would give a update and bring this back up it certainly is a long read and I am glad it's here to reflect back on for me..

All the snake threads reminded me of this'n. How are things going, have things gotten better since the last update? I had no idea there was long term issues with bites.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Prayers sent

Etoncathunter

Daggum people bumping old threads. I was like "Oh Noes, he went snake stomping again" Then opened it and found it was the old thread.