Taliaferro Roll Call 2012

Ace1313

Let's get it going again. We had 4 (2 does, 2 bucks) killed I believe and one big giant missed. Introduced lots of new people to hunting the last several years at the farm and it has been getting better the last several years. Look forward to food plotting and trail cams.

djackson67

Same here, 1 Doe 3 Buck off our place.
Going to try and change it up a little on our place and put some spring/summer plots for the first time in 4 or 5 years and pray for no more drought.
Will be interested to see if Stumpy survided another year.

GarrettD

Well we shot 2, two 9pts one which was a good buck and the other was alittle smaller but it was my brothers 3rd deer so he was happy with it.
Were going to try to get our property burned and start planting some food plots and build some stands during the off season. We saw a good many deer this year, hopefully it will get even better next season.

j_seph

I heard Twin Buck shot 4 deer not sure what but no big ones

Ace1313

Headed down Friday for a weekend of relaxing. Going to get some cameras out and walk the plots looking for any sheds. I am mainly trying to get the ThunderChickens on cam to see what we have to work with this year.

jksilverado

I am heading down Friday afternoon as well. We are going to do some work around camp, Cut some firewood, and check out some cameras.

mbrowland

Headed down this weekend as well. Looking forward to treasuring hunting for sheds in the food plots and walk the property line.

Ace1313

First year hunting taliaferro can't wait

Welcome to the fire!! I might jump on the mower and do some lane trimming while I can see. More than likely we will just be hanging out and decompressing. I haven't been on the farm since before Christmas I think.

Plan on refreshing my mineral sites this weekend.

I typically use bagged trace mineral.
bagged white salt
Deer Cane
mix a little more comercial stuff in as well. (Record rack) haves some leftover from this past summer. I will also put a Biologic rock on top of the pile and sweeten with molasses.

Been hearing great stuff about Lucky Buck minerals might save a site that has not been getting used as well and dope it up.

Safe weekend to all rolling in down there. Going to be breaking out the deer sausage and steak for the meals. Nothing like it!

Turkey season being around the corner feel free to keep a bird total going for the season. I am interested to see how well the hatch was in this area. I am thinking it was great because of the cicada hatch last year and personal sightings during the summer and fall.

Ace1313

I did not hear any turkeys but, did see two hens during the weekend. The wind was brutal all day Saturday.

The plots are still showing good usage and I walked several trails and did not find a shed.

Great Weekend anyway!!

mbrowland

Besides the weekend being windy, it still was great. Walked th property, checked cameras and feeders. No sheds found. Had a few yotes on the camera and found some spots where they had a feast on some deer. We need everyone to shoot those yotes , while out huniting. Oh, I have a couple of beavers working on Stevens Creek as well.

Ace1313

I pulled one camera and had a handful of does and a spike. No sheds yet for me.

Ace1313

Have my buddy heading down this weekend with his family. He is going to put out some more feed and pull the card (first timer, hope he does it right) from a camera that should have some birds on it. I also have a couple local guys out listening for birds the next several weeks so we will have an idea of what is going on down there.

Ace1313

Headed down Friday for the weekend. Will try to run and gun my place as well as a couple on the Hancock line as well. Good luck and wear snake chaps if you hot them I am sure they will be crawling with this warm weather.

Ace1313

Killed a double opening afternoon. Both two year old birds. Stalked to the edge of a plot I saw a hen going into. I saw the fan couple calls both birds came in to and ate a face full. Not a lot of gobbling only heard two gobbles.

Ace1313

Any turkey reports from this past weekend? Be at the farm Thursday night. Going to hunt Friday I have one tag left kinda want to save it for a Cherokee bird but the old saying bird in hand is better than two in the bush will be my motto.

Ace1313

Had an awesome hunt on Friday. Heard two gobblers on the roost. Hens where in a tree 75 yards from me they pitched down at my feet ol' gobbler snuck in to 25 yards from me. Only problems was there was a big brush pile between us and he walked off with no shot offered.

Ace1313

The birds where getting after it last weekend.