Mosquito?

ErickS

I just found some property to hunt this season. I have never hunted in this area of Va, it is in the Great Dismal Swamp. Well as you might know it is full of mosquito's. I thought I would ask you guys, how do you keep mosquito's under control while yearly season hunting? I have used a Thermal Cell, and I was wondering if any of you use Permethrin and if so is there an odor issue and does it work?

markland

Thermacell for sure would not go in without it but you might need some spray protection as well if you are doing alot of walking or slipping around. When deer hunting I use the thermacell but when still hunting for hogs I have it as well as my bug suit on to keep them from getting on my back and neck.

Barry Duggan

Thermacell...get two in case one messes up.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Thermacell!!!

tie a softener sheet to your belt loop and never be bitten again! pleasures of the south, cheers mate.

RogerB

Gone but not Forgotten
I've been to the Great Dismal Swamp many times (it was one of the areas I used to work), and I will tell you the skitters are the least of your worries. I have NEVER been anywhere with as many ticks in all my life.
Carry the thermacell for the skitters, but by all means treat your clothes with Permethrin and check closely for ticks after each hunt.

gtfisherman

thermacell and permetherin would be no brainers for me. Nothing else works for skeeters IMO as well as a therma and nothing keeps ticks off like permetherin. And ticks bother me worse than skeeters.