If you live on a saltwater boat???

Big7

The Oracle
If you live on a saltwater boat with the occasional trip inland, what do you put down for your address.
(driver's license and your carry permit, etc.?)

I've heard about a bunch of folks selling out and
buying monster RV's and just rambling around.

I'm thinking about something along those lines,
just in a big boat.

rayjay

Pob

transfixer

If you need to get deliveries from time to time though, some companies won't deliver to a PO box, its fine for getting your mail, but some entities don't consider it an address. I would think you could arrange something with a marina to accept and hold your mail till you come back around ?

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
If you need to get deliveries from time to time though, some companies won't deliver to a PO box, its fine for getting your mail, but some entities don't consider it an address. I would think you could arrange something with a marina to accept and hold your mail till you come back around ?

Very true..
Cool avatar by the way transfixer!

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I'm pretty sure the Marina will be your address.

Jim Baker

Staff member
Don't know but would think a "mailbox" company would forward your mail to a port of call and hold larger deliveries.

UPS has a mailbox service, don't know to what extent they would forward to differing addresses but that would be a start.

Rick Alexander

My sister in law

use to clean boats for a living for folks that would buy these giant house boats to retire to. Most of them eventually got deathly sick of the marina as it's a little expensive to buy gas and move around a lot on them. Not to mention - a boat requires a LOT of maintenance.

Big7

The Oracle
I'm pretty sure the Marina will be your address.

For my CCW and driver's license?

I can pay bills, etc... on line..

Need some serious help here.
All comments are welcome but does anyone have a boat or big RV that actually does this?

My range will likely be from Pensacola to NC..
maybe Virginia Beach. No further north.

Thanks in advance!

marknga

GONetwork Member
Most full time RV'ers just have a PO Box. If they need something shipped or a physical address for whatever reason then they use the campground where they are currently located at.
Some will use family member addresses.

Big7

The Oracle
use to clean boats for a living for folks that would buy these giant house boats to retire to. Most of them eventually got deathly sick of the marina as it's a little expensive to buy gas and move around a lot on them. Not to mention - a boat requires a LOT of maintenance.

Thanks.. My father passed recently, Mama is getting on up there. My sisters and I don't get along.
So, I don't think a family address will do.

I'm looking for a physical address that I might see
once a year that would be legal for CCW, Driver's
license, boat registration and IRS..

Got the rest covered, I "think".. Hope so anyway! :D