Replacing bulb in sealed trailer light

Dodgecorona

I have a 23ft tennessee trailer that I use to haul my boat around and I noticed today when I was going fishing that the brake light bulb is out. I took off the outer red light reflectors and found that the lights are in a sealed container and I cannot figure out how to pop open the container. Anybody know how to open it because I don't want to have to buy a whole new light just replace a cheap bulb?

Jim Baker

Staff member
I have a 23ft tennessee trailer that I use to haul my boat around and I noticed today when I was going fishing that the brake light bulb is out. I took off the outer red light reflectors and found that the lights are in a sealed container and I cannot figure out how to pop open the container. Anybody know how to open it because I don't want to have to buy a whole new light just replace a cheap bulb?

You will have to buy the whole sealed unit. It is a sealed unit for a reason, to be waterproof.

Check around see if you can't find an LED replacement. You can buy the whole unit for about the same price as the light.

jkoch

Gone But Not Forgotten
You should find a model # on it. check with truck parts and car parts dealers. If you can give them the model, you will find a WIDE variation in pricing.