Survivor?

HuntingFool

I shot a doe last year on my birthday (9/17) and I trailed her for hours after waiting a couple of hours to start tracking. I never found the arrow and lost the blood trail. Circled the area many times until finally giving up. I felt really bad because I hate to lose an animal period, but it was my birthday on top of that. After the first of the year I found my arrow in the briars behind where she was standing. It was stained in blood so I could tell it was a passthru. Now I just felt worse, knowing no way she survived. Well in July this doe showed up on my camera. It has to be her. The scars match shot placement from where I hit her to the exit area. Big cut on her left is from the Rage2 entry point. Looks like it came out lower right and caught her leg because it looks pretty scared. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,097
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 915
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 906

PappyHoel

That's your deer but it also looks like you caught part of the neck

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I'll go ahead and throw this out there to get it over with. If you used...XYZ... brand she would have been DRT.:rofl:::ke::deadhorse:
It is very likely that is the same deer.
Hope you get her this year.

The mtn man

Wow, taking a rage at that spot, and living to tell about it is the definition of tough. Not that she told anyone she was pierced by a rage.

HuntingFool

That's your deer but it also looks like you caught part of the neck

She was standing just like she is in second picture and I was 25 feet up. I think what you see may be from additional injury after, possibly running and tearing. You can pretty much see the straight line cut of the Rage right behind the shoulder.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I won't shoot her again. She earned her battle scares. My .02

ASH556

That's amazing to my mind. I would've called that a double-lung all day long.

PappyHoel

rvick

I would say the deer cut it's neck trying to flip the arrow but it is in the wrong side.
I was called to track a doe that laid down within sight of the hunter and he videoed it off and on for 1 1/2 hours before other deer came by and it walked off with them. It had almost this exact wound as it lay there licking it's shoulder you could see the entrance wound. We tracked it 1 1/2 miles and never recovered it.
IMO the wounded deer would be the first to be harvested. It would taste just as good as it would have the first shot.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I would call it a perfect shot also and it would of been hard to stop looking for her , just shows us how tough these animals are , I'd also let her live !

kbuck1

You likely hit no lung at all. Looks like you were forward of the lungs and low. Bet it is her too. Good luck